Soulmates

"Yes, Ginny, it is very nice to see you with Harry again." Hermione sighed for the hundredth time. Honestly, why did she have to be the brains of the group? They didn't exactly challenge her intellect with interesting conversations...like a certain someone.

No! She wasn't thinking about him. He, with his dry lips and seductive smell... She groaned and let her head fall in to her History of Magic book.

Ginny looked up, "Something the matter, 'Mione?"

"No, gravity just got the better of me.." the bushy book cover answered back. The sarcasm flew by the redhead like a snitch on speed.

"Are you jealous that you didn't give your partner their invitation yesterday?" Ginny asked, patting her friend's head sympathetically. Hermione liked Ginny, she really did, but it would have been nice to be able to stab the patting hand, then scream something mean and run up to her room. Hermione sighed.

The two girls were sitting in the head's dormitory, studying together. Hermione had promptly refused to leave it until Monday class. And even then she thought of skipping Potions. She groaned again; she was too good a student to ever skip class.

"There, there, Hermione, we will find you a Mister-Right...there, there."

Hermione sat up and brushed her hair out of her face.

"It's okay Gin'," It wasn't okay; she had kissed her Professor, taken him to her heart, and there he was kicking and screaming to get out. He didn't want her, and he never would.

"Yeah, I'll get a boy of my own sooner or later." But she wanted a man.

The door opened and Malfoy walked in.

"Evening ladies." He said with a mock bow.

"Spontaneously combust, Malfoy" Ginny greeted cheerfully, and Malfoy glared at her.

"A pleasure to see Granger out of her room. I was starting to think her hair had trapped her in there," he continued, ignoring the triumphant smile on Ginny's face.

"Hey Malfoy" Ginny said suddenly, frowning. "Who was that girl you danced with yesterday?"

"Why, Ginerva, jealous?"

"I would rather dance with a jarvey than you. Mind you, the resemblance is uncanny."

"Shut up, Weasley, before your beloved Potter has to sweep in through the window and save the day."

Ginny narrowed her eyes, "Did you just threaten me?"

Malfoy leaned down towards her and smiled "Yes."

"Both of you shut it." Hermione commanded.

"Oh ho ho.. " the blond boy chuckled "Still sour because your boyfriend doesn't like you?"

"I said shut it Malfoy!" Hermione glanced at Ginny. Damn.

"What boyfriend?" the younger girl asked.

"The guy who danced with Granger of course," The head boy looked between the two girls. His eyes landed on Hermione's. He seemed perplexed.

"What guy? Hermione didn't dance with anyone last night," Ginny persisted. She looked bewilderedly between the head boy and girl.

Malfoy didn't take his eyes of Hermione. The smirk dancing over his lips was pure evil.

"No, my bad," Then he smirked even more, Hermione hadn't thought it possible, and he disappeared up to his room. Hermione had the sinking feeling that Malfoy would soon unravel the identity of her mystery man.