27

Why are my parents here!?

What in the world?!

When mom saw me, I just gave him a weird and knowing look but instead, she winked and gave me pairs of her porcelain teeth.

"Clarissa!You came!" Matt's mother said as he hugged my mom tightly.

"We wouldn't want to miss every part of this event amiga"

EVENT?Anong event?! Why are they here?

Lumapit ako kay dad and asked him what the hell is happening.
"Well, your mom is a bit psycho Agatha," he answered pero wala akong maintindihan.

Ilang minuto pa ang nakalipas when out of the blue, Evan's parents came rushing at napatingin sila sa akin with smiles in their faces.

"Are we late?" His mom said at bumeso din sa mommy ko.

"So?Dinners ready!" Matt shouted at nagsimula na ang kainan but I couldn't even swallow my plate because of confusion.

Siniko ko si Matt trying to ask what's happening but the idiot just smiled at me and shrugged.

"So, we are gathered here today because we have to announce something," Matt's mom said at naghiyawan ang mga nasa table, except me and Evans.

Matt's cousin, the one with the curly hair mouthed 'congrats' at me but I just threw her a puzzled look.Like what the hell is happening?

"Finally, the Dela Cruz-Angeles merging of pharmaceutical company came to life!" and then happily clapped her hands.

What?Wait?Merge?Huh?

Binaling ko ang atensyon ko kay Mom and she just smiled again at me instead.

"And to make it happen, Evans and Agatha are going to have the engagement party tonight!"

Before I could even react at the big announcement, isa isa na silang nakipagcongrats sa amin ni Evans.

I hastily stand up and glared to all of them na nakapagpatahimik sa kanila.

"With all due respect, anong ibig sabihin nito?!Bakit wala akong alam?!Ano, naglolokohan ba tayo?!"

then I walked out