Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

~NATALIE'S POV~ 

When Gerard got back from dinner with Maria's parents, Mikey and I got in the car so he could drive me home. We had spent most of the night listening to music and talking. It was getting pretty late... I glanced at the clock on the dashboard. Shit. It was already 11:30. My dad was going to be pissed. He was normally one of those overly protective parents.. 

"Natalie, are your parents going to mad at you for coming home so late?" asked Mikey as we drove to my house. 

"Uh, I don't think my dad will mind too much.." I lied. Mikey was 23.. He didn't have to deal with his parent's curfews and rules anymore. I didn't want to seem so young compared to him, so I acted if it was no big deal. But I knew that when I got home, I'd be in deep trouble..

"Well that's good" he smiled at me then turned his attention back to the road. "Do you want to come over tomorrow night? Gerard and I were going to go to a movie or something."

"Sure, sounds fun." 

"Alright, but we can't let Gerard know about us.. We'll have to act.. normal around each other.

"Isn't it suspicious enough that I would be going to a movie with my teacher..?" I questioned. 

"I'll just make something up as an excuse to explain it to Gerard." he grinned at me. He pulled up in front of my house and sighed. 

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow," I said leaning over to give him a kiss. 

"See you tomorrow, Natalie."

I got out and before I went inside I waved to him one last time as he drove off. The door opened and my dad stood in front of me with a serious look on his face. 

"Who was that?" he asked. 

"Oh, uh.. It was my friend from school.." I said nervously and his face lightened. 

"I saw you kiss him." he said playfully nudging my shoulder. "What's his name and when do I get to meet him?"

"Oh.. His name is.. Frank, yeah, and uh, I'll ask if he can come over tomorrow.."

"Alright" he smiled at me. 

"So you're alright with me having a..boyfriend?" I asked. 

"Of course, I was worried that when we moved here, you'd have a hard time making friends, so I'm just happy for you, that's all."

"Oh..well, uh, I'm gonna go to bed, night dad."

"Night Natalie."

Well I wasn't expecting to get off that easily...he didn't even seem to care about how late it was. I guess I shouldn't have said that it was Frank because now, if Frank ever met my dad... then what? Would I tell him to act like my boyfriend..? I couldn't tell him that my chemistry teacher had just dropped me off at my house at midnight..so it was my only option. I went to my room and laid on my bed until I decided to call Frank and see what he was up to.

The phone rang for a minute, but he didn't answer.. Hm, wonder where he was. Maybe he was just already asleep. I took a quick shower and changed into a big t-shirt and some comfy shorts then tied my hair up into a messy bun. I had just laid my head on my pillow, about to go to sleep, when I heard a 'tap' against the my bedroom window.

I got up and tiptoed over to the window. Frank peered in with a weird look on his face, he seemed sick, so I opened up the window, and he stumbled his way in.

"Frank.. what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I-I uh, I don't know.." he answered. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.