One Step Closer

Kurt was lying on his bed writing in his diary. This was his most relaxing part of the day. Since he came to Dalton his crush on Blaine had strongly intensified to the point he had to let some emotion out. That was when Mercedes got him a diary. He had at first thought it was odd to be pouring out his emotions into a cheap notebook, but soon found it quite soothing.

When Kurt wasn’t sure what to write next he would draw little hearts with his and Blaine’s initials in the margins. He was doing this when suddenly his phone rang.

Wanna meet up to study? – B

Sure – K

Okay, I’ll be there in about ten minutes. – B

Kurt was ecstatic. Blaine wanted to study with him. Of all the boys here he has known a whole lot longer; Blaine wanted to study with him. Kurt did a small jump of excitement before grabbing his diary. 

Dear Diary,

I’m so happy. Blaine is coming to my room to study! I know it seems silly, but it’s the small things that make friendship grow. Hopefully the more our friendship grows the more likely it is that we will become more than friends.

Every time I see Blaine’s face my heart flips. It all feels so natural around him almost as if I’ve known him for a thousand years. When he was singing that song at the gap, I wanted him to turn around and sing to me so badly. I hope one day maybe that will be me.

I hope we can be each other’s first kiss (Not counting Karoffski or Rachel). If you think about it, we would make a pretty great couple. I think I’ve been too obvious lately. It seems as if the other Warblers have started to notice. Oh God, I hope they don’t say anything to Blaine.

Kurt

“KUUURRRRTTTTT…..” Dave wailed, from across the hall, “Come help me with this French word.”

“I’m coming. I’m coming,” Kurt set down his diary and walked across the hall. Just then Blaine was turning the corner to Kurt’s room.

“I’ll be just a second. Go on in,” Kurt said smiling at Blaine’s perfection.  Blaine nodded and turned into Kurt’s room and setting down his book bag.  Blaine noticed a glittery pink notebook lying open on his bed.

I wonder if he is trying his hand at song writing like Rachel. A small peek wouldn’t hurt.

Blaine knew it was wrong, but curiosity got the best of him. He looked and made sure Kurt wasn’t coming, and picked up the notebook. The front cover said “Kurt’s Diary”. Now Blaine knew for sure it would be wrong to read it, but that didn’t seem to stop him.

The first thing he noticed was the little hearts drawn all over the pages. He pulled the notebook closer to his face to read the initials written in.

K.H. + B.A.

Blaine’s breathe caught. B.A.? Those were his initials.

No, it must be someone with the same initials. There’s no way someone as perfect as Kurt could have a crush on me.

He went to today’s entry and began reading. He was surprised to find that it had just been written a few minutes prior.

“Every time I see Blaine’s face my heart flips”

“No way,” Blaine breathed. He could not be happier. Kurt liked him. Kurt really liked him. Blaine felt like doing a dance right then and there.

I have to find Kurt and tell him how I feel. Right now!

Blaine tossed the notebook on the bed and turned to find Kurt, but he didn’t have to go far. Kurt was standing frozen in the doorway with a horror stuck look on his face. Blaine was confused at first, but then realized what had happened.