Welcome to the Family

Kurt and Blaine had finally gotten together. They couldn’t be happier. Ever since Blaine kissed Kurt they have spent just about every minute of the day together.  Kurt had finally told Finn that he and Blaine were dating. He took it well. Kurt had half expected Finn to jump in his car and kill Blaine. Finn could be a little over protective sometimes.

Kurt and Blaine were walking down the hall to their next class, talking about the latest vogue issue, when Kurt’s phone went off. Blaine smiled when he heard Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” song float from Kurt’s book bag.

“It’s Finn,” said Kurt, surprise filled his voice. Finn rarely texted him during school hours.

You and Blaine come to the McKinley auditorium after school.  – Finn

“He wants us to come to the McKinley auditorium afterschool. Is that okay?” asked Kurt hopefully. He desperately wanted Blaine to get to know his friends from New Directions.

“Yeah, that’s great,” said Blaine not missing the longing expression on Kurt’s face when he read the text. He really misses McKinley.

Kurt sent a quick “okay” to Finn before they stepped into the rather large Biology classroom.

“Hey, Klaine,” Jeff said winking. Kurt and Blaine rolled their eyes and took the seats in front of Jeff and Wes. They inconspicuously held hands under the table.  Wes did a low wolf whistle that earned him a death glare from Kurt.

Three hours later…

Blaine’s car slid easily into the McKinley High School parking lot. Kurt was looking around merrily. Oh how he missed this place. Blaine took a minute to stare at Kurt’s adorable expression.  After a minute or so Kurt turned back to Blaine who had a loving smile on his face.

“Ready?” asked Kurt. Blaine nodded and they got out of the car. Kurt walked to Blaine’s side and grabbed his hand guiding him through the unfamiliar school. The auditorium was kind of far from the parking lot, so they had time to chat before getting there.

“So your brother is not going to kick the crap out of me, is he?” asked Blaine half joking, half serious.

“Don’t worry,” said Kurt, Blaine relaxed, “If he does try anything, I’ll distract him and you run.” Blaine looked horrified and Kurt burst out laughing.

“He’s not going to hurt you. He knows you mean too much to me for him to hurt you,” Kurt said blushing as Blaine smiled and kissed Kurt on the cheek.

Suddenly, Kurt had released his grip on Blaine’s hand and was flying toward a nearby locker. He hit it shoulder first and squealed in pain. Kurt was now crumpled on the floor holding back tears. Blaine was about to kneel down next to him, but that’s when he realized just what had caused it.

“What are you two fairies doing here?” sneered Karoffski.  Blaine heard a muffled sob from Kurt. He lunged at the bully.

Blaine shoved Karoffski as hard as he could, but the bully was far bigger than him. Karoffski made a move to punch Blaine, when another jock sporting a Mohawk and Finn stepped in front of him.

“Puck and I got this. Just go help Kurt,” said Finn turning toward the brute. Blaine nodded and jumped down to Kurt’s level.  Kurt had his knees brought up to his chest and was hiding his face. Blaine could faintly hear the small sobs coming from the boy. He put a comforting hand on his back and it was only then that he realized Kurt was shaking.

“It’s okay now. Finn and Puck took care of him. He’s not going to touch you again. I won’t let him,” said Blaine. Kurt looked into Blaine’s concerned eyes and nodded. He took a minute to compose himself before letting Blaine help him up.