Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Any thoughts that I had about Hunter’s younger sister being cute had completely gone out the window.

“Don’t you have some barbies to play with or something?” I asked in an exasperated tone, prying my eye shadow out of her hands. She scowled, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at me.

“I’m twelve, not two,” she retorted stubbornly, sticking her chin in the air. She was too much like her brother. I didn’t even bother replying to the little devil, I just put my makeup back on my chest of drawers and pushed her out of my room, shutting the door behind me.

Hunter had gone out with Seb to sort something out to do with their dad, unfortunately leaving me on babysitting duty. I’d been fairly happy about it at first, I quite liked Sally, but that was before she arrived at our house.

“So, are you and Hunter boinking?” she asked innocently. I almost choked on my saliva, staring at the little girl in disbelief.

“No, we’re not,” I coughed and she smirked, sitting on the sofa with her arms crossed.

“Good, because otherwise I’d have to have a chat.” I just rolled my eyes, sitting down next to her with my book of poetry. This little kid had seriously been watching too much TV.

“I’m bored,” she whined from beside me. I grunted, glancing over at her.

“Then go and find something to do! I have revision to do,” I paused, looking at the armchair. “The remote is over there, put the TV on.” She shook her head, getting up and walking into the passage.

“I need wee,” she muttered. Deciding to ignore her, I sighed, turning the book to my next poem.

A piercing scream echoed through the entire apartment, making me cringe at the high pitched tone. I pushed myself to my feet, rushing into the bathroom to follow the noise.

I would be lying if I said that the scream didn’t panic me; there was no way that I’d be able to offer her any protection from Shack. What I found was a lot worse.

“Eurgh!” I hopped back, staring at the eight legged creature that was sitting in the bath, just daring me to try and get rid of it.

“I’m not peeing until it’s gone,” Sally insisted, staring at the spider with nothing but fear in her eyes.

“Well, if you think that I’m getting rid of it, you’re absolutely nuts,” I muttered, turning on my heels to go out of the room and I dialled Hunter’s number.

“What?” he answered impatiently on the second ring.

“Hello to you too! We need your help,” I replied, leaning against the wall. Hunter grunted.

“I’m a bit busy,” I sighed, hanging up the phone, not even bothering to say goodbye. A text came through about ten seconds after.

Goodbye to you too ;) x

I smirked, shaking my head before remembering the spider.

“Hey,” Marco’s voice, although unclear at first, came through the receiver.

“Are you still staying near Kenzi’s?”

“Yeah, why? Is everything okay?” he asked, concern riddled through his voice.

“Can you come over and help me out? I’ll make you a coffee,” I bribed. He chuckled, telling me to give him five minutes.

“You called me over to get rid of a spider?” Marco asked incredulously, staring into the bath before shooting me a look of disbelief.