Chapter 8

Dedicated to District4Lover! They weren't exactly right, but the first one to be along the right lines! Enjoy!

                “I’m not being your girlfriend,” I replied hastily and then immediately regretted it when I saw the look on his face. Deciding to blame it on the alcohol in my system, I held my chin up defiantly.

                “Seriously, princess, get your nose out of the romance books.” He rolled his eyes, making small circles on my hips with his thumbs.

                “Are you going to continue mocking me? Because that’s really not a way to get on my good side,” I muttered, letting out a deep breath. I had no idea what room we were in but it was so dark that I could only just make out Hunter’s large form and sea green eyes. His breath was dancing along the skin of my forehead, brushing my hair away when he leaned closer, gently placing a kiss on the curve of my neck.       

                “Maybe I don’t want to be on your good side,” he replied in a husky tone and I rolled my eyes, shoving on his chest. One, because I couldn’t concentrate on a word that he was saying and two, because I was done with being his little toy.

                “What do you want?” My voice out a lot firmer and thank fully not as husky.

                “I need you to get close to my brother,” he replied, not moving his face from the curve of my neck. I frowned.

                “Are you bipolar?” Feeling the smile against my neck, I groaned, shoving at his chest again. He went with the movement and kept his arms on the wall behind me, keeping his face close to mine. Ducking, I moved out from his arms and stood behind him.

                “No, I’m not.”

                “Then why the sudden change of heart? I don’t like him anyway so you have no chance,” I answered. He smirked, leaning back against the wall.

                “I could make it worth your while,” he winked with his words. I hated that my blood started to rush through my veins in excitement, rather than cringe in irritation.

                “I don’t really care to be honest. I’m not getting involved with your brother,” I muttered, looking him straight in the eye. He cocked his head and sighed, running his hand down his face.

                “Can’t you just help me out?” he asked and I shook my head, pushing myself away from the wall to the door. Hunter put his arm out, blocking the doorway. I considered ducking under it, but torturing him was a lot more fun.

                “No. Give me on good reason why I should?” he gently placed a hand on my cheek, cupping it to make me look at him.      

                “Because if you don’t I am a dead man walking,” he admitted, brushing his thumb across my cheek bone. I gulped, realising the honesty that was behind his eyes, more than that, there was fear.

                “If I do this, will you tell me why?” I asked but he smiled softly, shaking his head.

                “If I do, it will be dangerous.” I smirked, stepping back from his hand. He let it drop to his side.

                “And I thought that you were the ‘bad boy’,” I muttered and he chuckled.

                “Sweetheart, I’m not good but he’s worse.” I sighed, running my hand through my hair. “I’ll pay you,” he added with a shrug. I shook my head.