Seventh

It was past 5 in the morning and he haven't heard her yet. 12 minutes later...

There's a song in my soul...

Then she stopped. He opened her eyes when he heard nothing. He waited but half an hour later he still didn't hear her. He sighed then leaned his head on the wall that's separating them.

"May problema ba? Nandito lang ako kung kailangan mo ng kausap", he talked to the wall letting out a sigh then went to take a shower.

He stopped infront of her door before going to work. He sighed for the nth time. He hesitated to knock on her door. But he's dying to hear her voice.

He leaned closer on her door then whispered:

"Nakakatawa 'to promise"

Then he knocked. She said nothing.

"Sige na, please", he begged.

He knocked five more times.

"Si... Sino yan?"

"Justine"

"Sinong Justine?"

"Justine me a reason, Justine little bit's enough"

He sighed. He is as sad as she was. It's as if they had a silent agreement to be sad today.

"Ang lungkot naman", he whispered.

She heard him cause she was right infront of her door as well.

She bit her lip before saying:

"Abe"

"Ha? Sinong Abe?"

"Abe na mi na eh, eh, waka waka, eh, eh"

Biting her lips as she fought the urge to laugh at her silliness, she savored the moment as he laugh his heart out at her stupid joke. She finally smiled. She inhaled and exhaled as she looked at her door.

"Alis na ako"

She hummed in response. He may not hear it but the gloomy morning she had, turned into a lighter one after hearing his hearty laugh. She thanked him in her mind.

Someday, someday magkakaroon din ako ng lakas ng loob na buksan ang pinto ko para sa'yo.