Chapter 9

I peered att myself in their posh bathroom mirror. Ugh. I looked as though I had just been hit by a train. My eyes were red and puffy, my nose red from crying. Why was I crying? You may ask. But I seriously, don't know. Just an emotional breakdown, I guess. With all that's going on.

I heard a light tapping on the bathroom door, and I velvety gentle voice say, "Are you ok?"

Crap.

I rushed to the marble sink and lightly splashed some cold water on my face, hoping the reddness would dissapear. I just looked asif I had been in a marathon, sweating to death.

I dried my face of with a towel, and mumbled a quick "Yes."

The door opened slightly, and a blonde haired head popped round.

"You sure? You've been in here for a while." he said.

"Yeah. Just tired." I replied.

"I know what you mean," he said, walking in and shutting the white door behind him, "School, then football practise, then I have Mum to come home to."

I was interested now.

"Why, what about your mum?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound too nosey.

"It's just, she's a handful. She acts like a teenager, sometimes I think I should be the parent. It's always me or Dad to cook dinner, and her watching tv..." he trailed off.

Wow. She seemed like a proper, business type woman. Maybe it's just an act. The silence enveloped us.

"So, what about your family?" he asked, sounding genuinly interested.

I replied simply, "Dad left a while ago, cheated on mum. She used to be really serious, but since he left she's all chilled and hippy-ish. It's weird."

I he nodded his head, as if he knew how I felt.

"So, you gonna come back out? Your mum said that you're leaving soon." he said.

"Yeah, sure." I answered and started to stand up.

He held out his hand, I took it, and he pulled me up. We walked back into the living room, to find Mum and Sam packed up and all ready to go. But still, Mum was talking to Loraine asif there was no tomorrow. I turned to Sam: he was fast asleep in Mum's arms. I prised him out slowly and took him in my own. He looked like an angel when he slept.

"He's so quiet when he sleeps." Harry said over my shoulder.

"Yup. You wouldn't think he's like he is when he's awake."

"I agree." I felt a hand on my shoulder, pushing me towards the front door.

Mum said to no one in particular, "We better be going, it's way past Sam's bedtime."

Loraine replied, "We hope to see you all soon then."

"Yeah, see you at school, Paige." called Harry.

"Yeah, see you. And thanks for having us, Loraine." I said.

Me, Mum and a sleeping Sam got into our car and waved goodbye. The whole family waved back, as I thought about how nice they were. Well, I'm still not too sure is Harry's niceness is real, after what he said to Fraya. The awkwardness seems to be slowly dissapearing, which is good in a way. But I still don't know if I can trust him...

We arrived home after 10 minutes of driving through the city; as soon as I got through the door, I immediatly logged on to Facebook. I quickly scanned through my news feed. nothing new there. 4 notifications, nothing interesting there. 1 new message, a guy in my history class asking about the homework. I replied, then checked my freinds request. 1 new one.

Damion Beller wants to be your friend.

Accept

Decline

Ignore

I automaticlly clicked 'Ignore'. What made him think he had the right to add me again? After what he did to me? It's been a year since I last saw him. And I don't want to see him again.