Forty

*Nash's POV*

What the hell did he just do?

Kiss me?

Did Cameron really just kiss me?

"Shawn will probably be waking up soon so I should go." Cam says, standing up from where he was still laying. As he walks past me, I grab his hand and pull myself up.

"Why?" I ask, standing in front of him. "You just got here." I walk into the mini kitchen and look for a snack, but my mind is too messed up for me to actually look. I close the top cabinet and turn the refrigerator. As I do, I see Cameron standing in the doorway. We connect eyes briefly before I look away.

"Do you want anything?" I ask, shielding my face with the refrigerator door. Cam doesn't say anything so I peek up at him.

"Um, n-no. I-I'm f-fine. Th-thanks." He stutters. Damn it, an hour ago he was confident Cam, now he's stuttering again. I try to not mention anything about what just happened only a few minutes ago. It still scares me what he did, but I don't usually deal with my problems. I put them off for as long as I can, so why even talk about it?

"Not even something to drink?" I ask, grabbing a water bottle for myself. Cameron shakes his head no and walks back to the two beds. I sigh, taking a bottle for him and set it down on Hayes's night stand.

"I heard how brave you were to that girl in the lobby." I say, taking a swig of water. "Must've taken a lot of courage to say something like that in front of everybody." I smile, but his gaze is on the floor.

"It was all anger, not courage." Cam says, keeping his eyes on the ground.

"Why anger?" I ask.

*Cameron's POV*

I mumble the truth under my breath, unsure if I wanted him to hear.

"What'd you say?" Nash asks. I keep my eyes on the ground and think about what to do. If I do tell him, then I may just about rape him because that's the last piece of the 'I like you' puzzle until he realizes it. However, if I don't tell him, Nash could just think that I kissed him accidentally and we could get no where further than the friend zone.

I think I have to tell him anyway because I can't explain how that kiss was accidental.

"There's no shame Cam." Nash says and I laugh inside my head. If only he knew how much shame is buried deep inside of me.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask, flicking my gaze up to him. He half nods, but answer with words as well.

"I want to know why you keep changing from outgoing and extroverted to a shy, quiet boy who's afraid of me."

"I'm not afraid of you." I say a little too quickly. I clear my throat. "I'm not afraid of you," I repeat. "I li-"

"Hayes forgot his key! Open up!" Matthew yells from the hallway, stoping me from exposing my feelings. I stand up and open the door for Carter, Matt, and Hayes, walking out of it after they scurry inside.

"Hey, stop running from me will ya'?" Nash says, putting a hand on my shoulder and surprising me. I shove my hands into my pockets as I turn to face him. I don't say anything and neither does Nash, but he must've picked up on my uncertain-ness.

"Let's go somewhere else." Nash says, guiding me away from the exposing hallway. Before I know it, Nash and I are standing on the rooftop.

"So, um," Nash says a little weary. I put my arms on the railing and lean forward against them.

"I was angry because they were talking shit about you." I say, jumping back in our previous conversation, and lying.

"So? People talk shit about me all the time. Why would you get so upset now?" He asks.