Cannibal Hunger[6]

Snow and rain pounded the window of my old 84' dodge 4x4 truck, outside the wind howled fierce and strong. I've been driving for 24 hours straight now as soon as I got off from the airport. I picked a rental, something simple, and rode off. My parents lived by the mountains where there was always snow and trees...hundreds and hundreds of trees. If you got lost you were a goner and considered meat for the animals, and possibly my parents.

Driving on a little dirt road, if you considered it, there was room for one car; you had to be careful though because right beside the road was a cliff which was at least a 300 drop of doom. I was so zoned out driving and busy trying not to drive off the side, I had another memory flash.

/Dad and me were on the same road as I was driving on; it was early fall even though there was patches and small drifts of snow that still ingered on the ground, giving the air a delicious chill. We were horseback riding up the mountains to a trail up ahead a couple miles. Dad heard there was family camping and we were low on food, I was about 8 then 2 years older and used to the killings and taste of flesh. We had to be quite on the horses, the only sound you herd as we head up was the soft crunching of the leaves under the horse's hoofs.  The smell of crisp fall leaved filled  the air, the scenery was breathtaking, trees and trees as far as you get could see stretched over the long horizon, all in various oranges and reds. The sun was almost setting, so we had to hurry a bit before it got colder. 

The plan was simple get close enough so you can hear them but far enough that they couldn't see you, I was suppose to stumble into their campsite and pretend I was lost and hurt, we'll the parents took care of me in the tent. Dad would sneak in and take the boy and girl. Well I stabbed the mom in the chest with my knife in my coat, when dad hears her scream he would come and drag the father out the tent and snap his neck

I shook the rest of memory out before I could recall the after bit when we were done catching the family and tying them to our horses by their feet then dragging them back as if they were cattle back  home were they got butchered.

A horrible feeling slinked its way into the pit of stomach, I was going to go see my parents... the monstrosities that raised me and fed me the tainted blood. Trembling and shaking a bit I tightened the grip on the steering wheel and drove.

"What am I doing" I mumbled rounding the last dirt corner; I squinted trying to see right...the pounding in my head was getting worse. I could already see the house half hidden house by a small hill covered in snow.

"Well mate, I believe you're about to go and see your cannibalistic parents, who haven't seen you in 15 years"

I glanced over to the passenger seat and sure enough "I" was sitting there...well 'it' that looked exactly like me. Wearing the same black parka with the black demine jeans and finger gloves plus the thick rimmed glasses and short black cropped messy hair

I glanced quickly away and focused my attention on the house that was getting closer by the second, a cold horrible dread started to stab repeatedly into my stomach, I gripped the steering wheel harder, and tried to shut out the annoying maniac laughter coming from 'it' beside me.

I could hear the blood rushing to my head as I slowly pulled to a stop in front of the old wooden shake  of a house that fit me, my sisters, mother and father. I turned the key off and waited who knows how long before an old weary looking woman who was plump walked out the house and starred...it was my mother. Quickly sucking in air and giving the crazy me in the passenger seat a 'shut the fuck up look ' I opened the door and walked towards the woman who seemed to stiffen at the sight of me.

Birds chirped far away from the house as if they knew that they shouldn't be by here, I shuffled my feet towards the woman, snow crunched underneath my boots and my breathing came in slow steady breath as I tried to control myself. I stopped 5 feet away from the woman who I stood taller then I was 6'2 and she 5'4, she had long graying hair with wisps' of black, and the same ocean graying blue eyes that seen too much.

"Derek...?" she whispered eyes wide that started to water

She walked over fast towards me and hugged me with such warmth I felt alienated since I haven't felt this kind of love is so long. I stiffened for a second and hugged her back, she smelt like the familiar iron and musky smell of blood.  

She finally let go and wiped the rest of the tears from her eyes and eyed me

"come, your fathers in the house you must stay the night my son its been so so very long" She said sounding a bit distant, I also noticed her eyes seemed a little glazed like she lost a part of herself.  

I nodded in response following her in the house, but I was walking all I heard was the maniac laughter of 'It' in my car, and a flood of horrible memories.