Cannibal Hunger[2]

-14 years later-

Sweat trickled down my brow from the intense heat in my tiny apartment, I was so used to cold weather, but now that I moved to San Fran, everything is too hot for my liking. Lying in my bed eyes closed I listened to the traffic below and the constant honking of cars. The bar lights across my apartment streamed through my window making my whole tiny room a dim red glow. I must have fallen asleep because I had the same dream 4 times in a row, of the man in the suit...and the woman with her 3 crying children. There was more but I could only see these ones. I laid back down, conjuring up the nightmare in my head, and playing it back as if it were a movie i've seen a million times before.

I was in my old house growing up as a kid, the roof of the house was gone for some reason and I was standing in the middle of the room, snow gently fell from the gray skies and landed on the hard wood ground. But when the snow touched the ground it turned a dark crimson. Dark red blood pooled from underneath the floor boards.

It was coming from the walls and down the ceiling, in front of me was the man in the suit, he smiled sadistically with a rotting mouth and jagged teeth, he outstretched his arms to me showing pieces of his meat dangling from them, then he waved like as if I was an old friend and turned around leaving a trail of brain fragments and mush behind. The back of his head seemed to ooze and drip from the big black gash in his skull, my father axe mark.

 I shivered and wrapped my arms around my body, every breath hurt with coldness and my head pounded, when I thought it was over a woman and her 3 kids came in through the door. I remember them, they were our second kill after the man in the suit, I got to play with the kids well their mother was being slaughtered and gutted in the back room...if they only knew.

They came closer, eyes fierce and skin white as marble with hues of blue, the mothers stomach drip with intestines hanging loosely in front of her. A big blue gash marked her naked stomach but she paid no attention to her wound she only looked at me with anger and fury. Her children ran towards my stiff frame, their laughter filled my ears, they clawed at my arms and tore at my legs till my skin started to peel. I tried to cry out in pain to move but I couldn't I was stuck in one place. The mother just stood there with a smile on her face.

I sat up fast and panting, glancing at the clock it was 7:30 in the morning, sunlight streamed through my window. I got up stiffly and stretched, my dreams were getting worse now, I could feel it coming back. I patted my way to the small bathroom and splashed my face with cold water from the old faucet. I studied my features in the mirror, I hated the way I looked, I looked like my monstrous parents, I had my mom's dark hair, but mine was cut short, and I had my dad's big body and stern brown eyes. I had a tone body of muscle but I wasn't that built, I was tall for my age and looked older then I was. 

Turning the shower on I stepped in, I had a 1 hour before I had to get school, I was in college and trying to major in writing and get my English degree to become a professor. Water splashed on my body and soothed my aching muscles. 10 minutes later I got out and went to my room towards my dresser, I pulled out my black denim dark jeans and a purple shirt with a black hoodie. I quickly did my hair up with hair spray and messed it a bit, then got my thick rimmed glasses. I grabbed my laptop case and headed out the door to the outside nosey world. 

I want to try to live a normal life, I don't want to think about my screwed up past, and I hope no one finds out ever... little didn't I know tonight the beast would have its way.