Chapter 2: Alpha Bane Cohen

Chapter 2

Bane Cohen is handsome.

He had this godly presence around him that made you bow your head.

The Alpha is tall and tanned with dark black hair and silver bright eyes that signified his birthright towards the Alpha's Daughter. His high cheekbones and jawline looked as though the Moon Goddess sculpted them herself.

Bane caught my eye and his emotionless stone cold silver orbs widened a fraction before looking away.

I didn't realize I held my breath until my lungs screamed for it.

When Bane was gone Owen pushed me to the side. "Don't tell me you're his mate!"

It was impossible. I wasn't a werewolf and I would be able to feel it if he was.

He wasn't. I think.

Marco yanked Owen off me. "He's not." He said rolling his eyes looking irritated.

"I could only wish." I commented jokingly to lighten the mood.

Both boys turned towards me with a foul look on their face.

"What?" I shrugged with a pout. "He's hot."

-

The news of Bane Cohen enrolling in the school spread like wild fire. All wanted to see him or wanted to hear his voice.

The Alpha was too far away from his home and frankly everyone was wondering why he was here.

Whereas Marco and I kept dodging him. He's at the cafeteria? We go to the track to eat there. He's by the lockers? We use the fire exit.

I didn't know why Marco seemed so keen on not seeing the Alpha but I followed after him since I felt uneasy with Bane Cohen.

His presence was too much for me. Everything about him screamed power. The way he walked. The way he talked. Even the way he breathed.

There was something about him though. Something weird. I couldn't quite place it.

It wasn't until the last period when I had different classes with Marco when I found myself face to face with Bane Cohen.

I was walking out of the room towards the stairs texting Marco when I literally slammed into him.

"A-Alpha!" I squeaked like a scared mouse.

Bane steadied me and bent down to pick my stuff up.

My eyes bulged. Bane fucking Cohen just touched me. Oh my god. Oh my god. Keep calm.

He's looking at me, oh my god. Be cool.

The Alpha of the most powerful pack is picking up my books. Holy Goddess. Someone loves me up there.

Bane passed me my books a permanent emotionless face looking directly at me.

He's even more handsome up close. Hallelujah.

I was sweating and I'm sure he could tell my heart was on the verge of going through a series of palpitations.

Think, Avery. Think. This is the most powerful man in the world. Not many get to live long enough to talk to him.

Say something smart.

Yes. I can do that. Smart is easy. I'm smart.

"I was texting Marco." What. The. Actual. Oh Goddess smite me now. Why did I say that?

I thought you loved me more than this Goddess.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Marco?"

Oh sweet baby Jesus that voice. It was deep and brooding and like a slice of heaven. "Oh, sorry. Word vomit." I apologized swallowing hard lowering my head.