eleven.

"Hey, speak for yourself." I grab a napkin and dab at the blood on my shirt.  "I'm the only one here who can die.  Honestly, 2 living people in this room and one is a zombie and the other is trigger happy."

"This can't be happening." John pulls at his handcuffs.

James seemed agitated.  "It seems we've lost our detective.  I thought he would appreciate this dark evil, given the line of work he's in, but John is clearly not yet our kind."

"Forget him.  I want to drink.  To the master." Dad lifts his glass and the others join him.

"Ah, thank you." James takes a sip of his drink and stands up.  "Thank you all for being here on Devil's Night, but it is I who should be the one celebrating you.  I look around and I see the definition of American success.  They write books about you, make movies of your life."

Gacy raises his glass.  "Johnny Depp likes my paintings!"

James continues.  "Years after your death, people continue to be enthralled.  You've made your mark in history.  Like the Iliad, your stories will live on forever." He pauses and wipes his eyes.  "I consider you all my equals.  Nothing would please me more if you would stay and join me for dessert."

I perked up.  "Its about time.  I was getting bored."

Mrs. Evers let Sally through, a man following behind her.  "He's flying on an 8-ball of China White.  This will buy me a year of being left alone, right?"

"As always." James says as Mrs. Evers was passing out sharp objects on a platter.  I grabbed the smallest knife to accommodate my minuscule hands.  "To us, the greatest killers of our time.  This sacrifice binds us together for eternity."

And with a single swift movement of a knife, the whole congregation began to stab the man.  I waited a few seconds and flung my knife.  It impaled the man's neck and the blade came through the other side.  James shot me a smile.

John had fallen from his chair in a frenzy to stop the killing, but only managed to fall to the floor, crying out for them to stop.  I pulled off my shirt and was left in a lace bra, which had a slight blood stain on it.  "Mrs. Evers, if you would please." I hold it out and she takes it, examining the stain.  "Thank you." I say.

When it was all over, I said my goodbyes and went back to my room.  After all, it was 12:03 and Devil's Night had been reduced to Halloween.