Chapter 26 - Illusion

Third's P.O.V

"Is this the girl?" The woman asked gently. The girl nodded. Lyra didn't dare to look at the woman casually. Memories flooded her mind. Memories she didn't want to reminise. "Poor Girl.....Place her with the town kids...Hopefully she'll join the family soon..."

Lyra felt her shiver down to her spine. The girl led her to the other room wherein different kids are tied and gagged. Lyra sat on the corner and pursed her lips not speaking any thing. One of the kids with light hair looked at her in confusion but she remained silent. "Olga!! This is Bad!! T-The Ship...!!"

Lyra ignored the ruckus outside and just hugged her knees as she body started to reveal her shivering form. Her eyes started to narrow and her breathing quickened. Her eyes turned glossy and anyone could see how pitiful her state is. "H-Haku...............r...yuu."

Dianne felt something awful swept over the pit of her stomach. The rag on her hand that she's using to wipe their counter is now on the top of the counter that seemed to be forgotten. A dreadful feeling washed over the pit of her stomach.Dianne can't help but look at the window gazing faraway as her eyes gleamed in worry for her twins. 

She knows the pain of going into a faraway place without anyone to lean on, after all, she also experience the same thing. However, her twins is far too young to experience the harsh reality. There are many people that  she learned to love and care for die in front of her very eyes. Dianne can't help but pity herself and her children. Deep inside of her, she knew she hated her sister, the uncrowned queen of their family, who is also her eldest sister. It wasn't that hard to hate her but it is also not hard to love her.

Dianne's eyes flew over the cabinet. Dianne approached with a few light steps and opened as her petite fingers touched the handle. A small black box lay motionlessly as if waiting for her to make the first move. Dianne took the box and opened the lid after her fingers grazed at lid. A peerless pearl, shining so brightly greeted her. Dianne can't help but look at the pearl with so much nostalgia.

'Dear sister.......I bet you would like this pear that i found in one of the islands that I travelled. ITTTTTTTTT WWWASSSSSSSS VVVEERRRYYY EXHAUSTING to find this ya know....Love you sis!! Hope you're well!!'

Dianne felt her lips lift and curve revealing a smirk. Her eldest sister is always very energetic and so funny that brightened up her worst day. Even she was a kid, she has always been so lively and unfazed like nothing can faze when she sets her mind into something.

"Mo-mma!!" Queen Ysabelle smiled at her youngest daughter. Her twin brother, who seemed busy playing with Azziere. "mi-mie?"

Queen Ysabelle smiled and softly combed her daughter's hair. Dianne's blonde hair that she inherited from her mother glowed as if sparkling the same way that her mother's hair did. "Don't worry little one, Your  father have asked for your sister in his study. She'' come her as soon as she finished."

"eh?" Dianne asked and tilted her head. Ysabelle smiled and continued  combing her daughter's hair . Dianne giggled in delight at her mother and closed her eyes and as she smiled brightly to herself.

"HEY!!! No FUN!!! How come you're having fun without me?!!!! That's sooooooooooo UNFAIR!!!" 

All of the occupants stopped in their tracks at the loud voice. Dianne suddenly giggled as Dylan clapped his little hands in amusement as Azziere lifted his small body to their mother and open the door for her sister.

"AAAAAZZZZZZZIIERRRRREE-KKKUUUUNNNN!!!" A sudden black ball engulfed Azziere's face and fell down as soon as he opened the door. Ysabelle held back her amusement from showing in her face while the twins laughed out loud at their older brother's fall. Azziere mumbled but didn't complain as he knows who the culprit is.

"Nee-chan!!"  Azziere scolded her childish sister. Amyra just ggigled as her cute little brother's face scrunched up in distress. "you're sooooooooooooo cute Azziere-kun~!"

"Nee-chan!!" 

"is something the matter zie-kun?"

"No...nothing.." Azziere said in defeat after seeing her sister's twinkling eyes. "Amyra.." Queen Ysabelle's voice took Amyra's attention that immediately spotted Dianned who seemed to be quite eager for her to notice. "mi-mie!!"

"Hellio Dia!!!!" Amyra immediately carried Dianne into his arms making the the said child laugh in delight. Queen Ysabelle's heart warmed at the sight of her daughters and smiled to herself as she hugged Dylan close to herself. Azziere seemed to already got up since he is now standing beside the queen while he is rubbing his buttocks at the sudden collision earlier.

"What did the king told you to come over for?" The Queen asked.

"Oh..Nothing mother. just some precautions about those rogue vixiens that seemed to be planning for a fire break-out in the nearby forest."\

"The Vixiens? Aren't those creatures known for their illusion magic? Didn't master C took care of them already?" Queen Ysabelle asked quite intrigued. " Wwll, there are some that have quite a lot of courage stirring up trouble in the nearby village. There are many reports about what seemed to be revival of their dead relatives. Father seemed to be having quite a headache because of it."

"Oh?" Ysabelle said in wonder before smiling mysteriously." Then I have to accompany him. He hasn't been sleeping in the bed for these past few days. Azziere...please accompany your siblings for a while, You too Amyra."

Both of the said kids nodded in delight at their mnother's orders as Queen Ysabelle went outside of the room. Amyra stared at Dianne who is currently in her arms when Azziere decided to ask her, " Sister, is illusionary magic  really that powerful?"

"Not really. Illusionary magic creates a fog in front of the victim's area of sight and started showing familiar faces of the people that they really wanted to see from the bottom of their hearts."

"Why though?"

"I'm not reaaly sure.." Amyra's face showed that she doesn't care at all about that kind of magic. " Illusionary magic is for weaklings that doesn't have that much will to cultivate themselves. For me they're just.....annoying flies."

Azziere tilted his head in confusion, " So Sister has a way to dispel the magic?"

"Well, duh~ I'm your sister after all~ Of Course I have!!" Amyra puffed her chest after she let down Dianne in the bed. 

"Why didn't you casted it then?" Azziere asked curiously.

"I want to let Father and Mother notice each other....heheheheheheheh...."

Azziere just sweatdropped. "Dia, do you want to know my way on how to dispel illusions?"

Dianne only tilted her head obvious that she didn't understand her words.

"heheheheh......she's always been the lively yet energetic type." Dianne giggled as she withdraw her hand and closed the door. Unknown to her, one of the stones is shining brightly as it hangs in the wall.