Chapter 7: The Talk.

Okay, I know it's bad to eavesdrop but c'mon. I can't help it. Especially knowing papa. Oh cheesecake.

When I left the room, I left the door slightly ajar. I pressed my back against the wall beside the door. Then I heard murmuring. 

"You better be good to my daughter. She's my only heir and I don't want you marrying her for what her title is. She's a sweet girl and she hasn't opened up to me in a while. You're practically the first guy she introduced to me as more than a friend in a couple of years. " I could identify the seriousness in his voice and the guilt started to brew in my stomach.

My gut tells me I can trust Francisco and I'm trusting it.

A statement pulled me out of my thoughts. A statement that was stated with that melodic and velvet voice.

"I am serious about your daughter. The first time I laid my eyes on her I knew she was special. I know it's only been a short while, but when you know someone is special, you feel it. You know it. That's why I'm first getting know your daughter. And everytime she unravels more about herself, I see myself fall for her even more. "

To say I'm stunned is an understatement.

Was he saying the things he was saying to make it more believable?

I shook my head. I can't let words like those get to me. I remember the last I trusted someone's words that I ignored their actions which spoke louder.

As the time passed though, their words started to fade. They must be headed outside.

I turned towards the stairs and when to my room. I sat on my bed for a while before I changed and went downstairs. When I returned to the living room, the door was widely opened. I peeked inside. Neither of them was in there.

Then I sudden heard my dad's laughter that sounded like it came from the kitchen.

I made my way and open the door slightly. I saw they were having drinks and chuckling. It was a sight to see. I admired them for a little bit. Then, pushing the door all the way, I leaned against the archway and crossed my arms.

"You two seemed to be enjoying each others company. "

Both heads turned towards me. Their grins widening.

I chuckled and made my way to the stool beside Francisco. I don't know why but my feet brought me to his side. Stupid feet. Having a mind of its own. 

My eyes suddenly met those hazels eyes. They stared at me intently. I gave him a questioning look and he just smiled at me.

Everytime he smiles like that it gives me butterflies. As cliche as it sounds, it does.

I smiled in return. I wonder what they talked about when I left.

I stared at our bar that held various of liquor. Papa and I aren't alcoholics, but we just drank occasionally. Also we like collecting different kinds of liquor.

I poured myself a glass of Luxor Champagne with gold flakes. While the guys had a glass of Louis XIII de Rémy Martin.

"Have you gentlemen discussed what you needed to discuss? " The sip from my drink was sensational.

Papa was the one to speak, "Yeah everything is clear. I just hope you both know what you're doing. Also if you must need anything, I'm here. " He patted Francisco's shoulder.

There's something these two talked about that they don't want me knowing.

It'll surface eventually.

The night ended with jokes and stories. Mostly between the two. Francisco would occasionally glance at me and I would glance at him I had two glasses of champagne all the while.

"As much as it pains me, I have to get going. " He stood up from his stool.

"That's alright. We'll catch up again some other time. Don't hesitate to come here. You're welcome here. " Papa also stood up and faced Francisco. 

He held his hand out, "It was nice meeting you Francisco." and a smiled graced his face. It's nice to see him such in a good mood.

Francisco shook Papa's hand, "It was nice meeting you too Sir. "

"Please call me Antonio."

This shocked me. Papa doesn't really let anyone call him Antonio. It was his mother's nickname for him. His close friends all call him Antoine. He has to really like the person if he gives them that privilege. 

Francisco grinned widely. He better be aware of the privilege he's getting. 

"I'll walk him to the door Papa. " I stood beside Papa.

He nodded in return.

I led our guest to the front door. " He seems to like you. "

Francisco chuckled. "it's a relief he does. "

"Thanks for bonding with him. He needed that. " I smiled and glanced him.

We reached the front door and he turned to face me.

"I had a wonder time Raphaela. " His breath fanned my face.

"I'm glad you did. See you tomorrow? " I tried to hold the blush down.

"That sounds great. " His face was inching closer to mine. He still had that angelic smile. He tilted my head to side with his fingers holding my chin.

Then I felt his soft lips touch my cheek. "A kiss on the cheek for an innocent beauty. "

I loved the feeling of his lips on my cheek.

He was still holding my chin.

I could feel the blush creep up to my cheeks.

"Buonanotte bella. {Goodnight beautiful}"

He let go of my chin ever so gently. 

"Goodnight Francisco." I barely choked that out. 

He opened the door and glanced at me again. Smiled, then the door closed.

Ohhhhh cheesecake,  what did I get myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Haiiii! what did you guys think?? Sorry it's short though. :( I can't really tell how long it is because I'm typing on my phone.

So yeahhh. what do you think Antonio(yes I get to call him that x3) and Francisco talk about after Ela's little eavesdrop moment? Sneaky sneaky Ela.

tsk tsk. Haha. xD

guyss? anyone there? any feedback? :(

Anyways. I hope you liked it. :)

Oh, and sorry for the mistakes! (This is going to be a regular. )

~ J ~