Chapter 1

It's freshmen year. Just starting high school can be a big leap in any kid's life. But to start it off with 1 best freind, 1 crush, and the guy you've fallen in love with, makes it even more frightening. "Kaitlyn?" I hear, Jesse, slightly yelling, behind me.

  "Hmmm?" I saiy in a calm steady voice.

  "Im-uhhh- going to the movie tomarrow with Lindsey"

  His voice blurs out of my head for a moment while I stopped to think, "OF corse he's going with Lindsey! I forgot he had the BIGGEST crush on her!"

   I lift my head up and zone back in, "sorry, what?"

  "I SAID! I am going to the movies with Lindsey tomarrow. Would you like to come with?"

  "Oh-Uhhh sure I dont care. But I have no one to go with. You know like I have you two to go with but I mean like i dont have a "date""

  The bell rings. Jesse starts to power-walk away. "Uhhhh talk to you later!"

  "Yeah. Bye!"

  As I slowly walk away I pass by Kyle. The wind seeping through the window, blows his perfectly brownish-black hair to the side. The way he always brushes it in the morning! Quietly I say, "h-hi Kyle."

  He doesnt hear me though. I bet Im just the girl he vaugely remembers, passing by in the hall. The one that drools over him when he isnt looking. The one who has noticed him all his life, but he doesnt notice even one strand of hair on my head. Is that how he feels about me?

                                                                   * * * * *

  Late. Very late. Walking into the class room was a total surprise. No one is there, but my teacher and Jesse. Jesse is crying. I wonder why.  Mr.Ladle see me and shreiks (sorta), "Kaitlyn, cou-"

  Jesse stops him beore he could finish, "it's fine. She's fine. She can come in..."

  Slowly stepping in the room, "Jesse if you dont want me here you don't have to invite me in."

  "No, I do. Come on Kaitlyn your my best friend and I need to talk to you!"

  "Ok," I step into the room and take a seat next to Jesse. "What's wrong Jesse? Seriously?"

  He sighs, slowly opens his mouth, "Kaitlyn." He turned to me, a sad expressino painted on his face, "Lindsey...She cheated on me."

  Gasping, he looks at me and sighs. "Sorry for my language." I clear my throught as if was preparing a speech, "She's a bitch!"

  He looks sad, but still I ask, "With who?"

  "Kyle."

  I gasp. KYLE! That's the love of my life! But he doesnt even know it! She is going down. I though something was gonna happen with us but no. Not now. Not never. I swear.