Conversation 24

Six left. We're almost done guys

KEY:
Allison
Carmen

"Carmen?"

"Yes, mum?"

"You've just come home, darling, don't you want to rest?"

"I've done more than enough resting at the hospital, mum, I want to be me again."

Mum smiled and nodded. "Okay. Do you want your phone?"

"I completely forgot about that." Carmen laughed. "It must be dead."

"Yeah, it is. Honey," mum said slowly, sitting down on the bed with her, "do you know how long you've been in the hospital for? I'd have thought that would be the first question you'd ask."

Carmen looked at her. "Do I want to know? It seems like a while," She commented, looking at how much her cactus had grown since the last time she saw it.

"Well," she hesitated, "in days? Eighty six."

Carmen gasped. "No . . ."

Mum nodded sympathetically, reaching out to her.

"That's actually kind of cool. Think of it . . . I, like, missed out on eighty six days of my life."

Mum laughed. "That's not cool, Carmen. Imagine the amount of school work you've missed."

Carmen groaned. "I swear, you and Allison are the same."

Mum's face seemed to change. She subtly turned away, but Carmen caught it.

"I want to see her tomorrow."

"But, Carmen, your head is still not —"

"I'm feeling fine, mum. It barely pains."

Mum sighed, getting up. Her hand on the door handle, she turned back to look at her. "I will never understand the connection you two have."

She turned to leave, closing the door behind her.

Carmen layed back on her bed, trying not to think too much. What's wrong with Allison?

• • •

I hate this all so much
Sent at 3:27pm
Delivered

Everything
Sent at 3:27pm
Delivered

I just hate it all
Sent at 3:27pm
Delivered

Why can't you just wake up already
Sent at 3:27pm
Delivered

It's been so long
Sent at 3:28pm
Delivered

I miss you
Sent at 3:28pm
Delivered

I haven't even seen you for a week and a half already
Sent at 3:28pm
Delivered

I haven't even seen you for a week and a half alreadySent at 3:28pmDelivered