The hotel Part 8

The hotel was nice had a swimming pool, work-out room and a hall, that attached to a mall. I had never been to this part of the city it looked expensive. This in itself was a shock, I knew Ben and Ria were well off, but this was scary rich.  Cornering them both asking were all this money comes from. Ben started chuckling, he said, that he lived so long that he always had money put up in banks in safety boxes, so when he had to change ID because no human could live as long as him and he did not want to end up as a government lab rat. He explained that every so often as tec advanced he would invent something, then sell it to some company for cash. He said I would be surprised how many things he had sold to companies. Then he told me how much he makes as a lawyer, this was a real shock, he made more a month than my mom made in a year. 

I started to tear up and went to my room, Ben followed and asked what was wrong with being rich, nothing I said just I had, thought of my mom and had not thought about her in a while, and it got to me. He said that it would get easier over time, but I would never forget her.  He went on that I was to take driving instructions next week so that I could drive myself to school and in general get around.  

The coach came by, with six of the team to see how I was doing. The guys gave me a hard time about living in the lap of luxury, a lot of teasing went on. They introduced me to, the new QB he seemed stuck up, but the new running back was all into nice Right of the bat, he seemed like a cool, but that is what makes the world go round you take the good with the bad.  The team left after about 45 min and things got quiet. I decided to go for food, around the Conner fish and chips. the smell got to me as soon as I left the hotel. certain things bring memories back in a flash. The smell brought me to mom and Friday nights super. I ate with a smile, thinking about mom, it hurt less now that pleasant memory of the happy times.  I went back to my hotel room and thought how much my life has changed, how fast everything was moving and how many decisions, I would, have to make. This frightened me, I was not used to making decisions, about my future without talking with mom. I must have dozed off because when I woke up with Ben talking in my ear, he said to wake up we had to go to the DMV to take my driving test, that shook me up, I was awake now. He laughed at me said take the first test was a true and false test just 20 questions, then I could drive with a licensed driver over 21. He told me not to worry he had read the book and passed no problem he gave me the book and told me to read it now that I had total recall memory shocked,  I did as I was told, we went to the DMV, at noon and I passed with 100 he told me, I had to watch my marks to not cause people to look at me as a freak to be studied. He said I had to watch out, for the government will grab me, for I could be used as a lab rat and lord knows what they would do, our find out.  The SUV I had, was to go to school, it was a sweet ride.