Moved On Part Thirteen

Annie didn't know if it was the swish of an opening door that woke her, the soft flow of air over her skin, or Sean's presence. Without having to open her eyes to check, she knew he was watching her. Every nerve-ending in her body had been pulled to the surface of her skin, like an eager puppy seeking affection. Annie was confused, common sense told her she should feel threatened, that she should just grab her case and run. Harry or one of her mates would have found a bed for her. If nothing else she could have gone cap in hand to the police and said ‘it’s a fair cop guv'nor, take me in’.

She should have done that in the beginning. Who would believe her innocence when she had run? Hindsight was a wonderful thing.

It was the decision making that was flawed. It had been flawed when she trusted Jared, it had been flawed when she'd allowed herself to be towed to a crack house by Danny. It was flawed when she had opened her legs and taken Sean deep. She didn’t feel threatened by Sean, but she couldn't trust her own judgement. Annie hadn't even checked to see if the wall of windows allowed access, and now she could feel him watching her from the open French doors.

What was it Sean had said? 'No self preservation.' And she had to admit, he was right.

"Are you going to get up?" Sean asked.

Annie always thought Liverpudlian’s had high speed, high pitched voices. Sean's tone was deep and mellifluous, it sent an uncontainable shiver scraping over her skin, leaving her nipples achingly tight. This is why she stayed, even her body's judgement was flawed.

Raising her head, she opened her eyes, instantly having to close them against the intense brightness of sun hitting white walls.

Trying again, with slitted eyelids, she saw a pair bare feet resting casually on the deck outside her room. Long, well defined feet, Annie liked feet. Her eyes travelled up over muscled calves, she thought a man as lean as he, should at least have knobbly knees, but he didn't. His legs disappeared beneath low slung shorts, even so Annie could see how blessed he was in the crotch department. Heat scored her cheeks as she forced her gaze up, over his wide shoulders, relaxed against the door frame, to his face. Sunglasses hid his eyes from her.

She lowered her head back to the pillow and motioned him to come to her.

She waited till he crouched down to her level, then reached out to slide the sunglasses from his face. His curious blue eyes, clear and thickly lashed greeted her.

"What?" He asked softly.

Annie put the shades on with relief, snuggling deeper into the bed. "Now go away, I'm sleeping." She murmured, closing her eyes.

Sean laughed, but didn't leave. The sound of furniture being moved back to its original position tickled her ears, winching her body tighter with anticipation. The mattress depressing by her feet caused another quiver, this one deeper. Annie clenched her thighs and belly in response. The scrape of a fingernail along the sole of her foot made her jump.

"You haven't unpacked." He stated.

"I'm not sure if I'm staying yet." Annie replied, but she had opened her case to check its contents. “Where's my wedding dress?"

Long fingers curved around the rise of her foot, thumb pressing gently into the arch. Annie pulled away, and, although he gave no resistance, he didn't let go.

"I didn't think you'd want keep it, were you still planning to wear it?"

Annie jerked her foot away.

Once again Sean allowed her to do so, while still retaining his hold.

Of course she hadn't planned to wear the dress, it was a symbol of her own gullibility. Not a good symbol as her current situation testified. "It reminded me that all men are arsehole's."

"Where’d you get the jammies from?" The question was couched with mild curiosity, but she felt more than heard a great interest in the answer. She tried to twist her foot out of his grasp, but he simply followed her movement.

The pyjamas had been her dads.

Every Father's Day, for as long as Annie could remember, she had bought him a pair. When he'd died she'd found a stack of them, still sealed in their packaging, neatly piled in the bottom of his wardrobe.

"None of your business." She replied, aware her tone was slightly antagonistic.

Sean suddenly tugged downwards, rose over her, hemming her in. “You do not bring another man’s memory into my bed!” He grated.

Annie's attempted bravado was faltering. “It's my bed.”

"No queen, my beds, my house, this..." He urged his solid length against her damp core, "all mine."

Annie only just stopped herself from curling up into him, her hands on Sean's immovable chest. "They're my daddy's jimjams, it's all I've got left of him." She explained quickly, kicking herself for backing down so swiftly.

Sean gave a bright smile, transforming his face instantly from incensed, to charming. "Oh, that's all right then."

He pressed, a firm, but barely there, kiss on her lips and sprang off the bed. "Com' on lass, get up and I'll show you how the house works."