Moved On Part Nine

Bollocks!

On being greeted with a wall of thick security fog, Sean groaned and covered his face with the palm of his hand. He found the key pad to his alarm system by touch, entered the code to dismantle the motion sensors. It would take about forty-five minutes for the thick haze to disperse. He didn't need to guess who had triggered it though. He was getting a very definite sense that Annie was trouble waiting to happen.  “Hello?” He called.

Out of the swirling vapour two women appeared, simultaneously talking very quickly, very angrily and very loudly.

Sean couldn't make out a fucking word they were saying. “Whoa! One at a time girls, one at a time!”

Franci started with a torrid flow of Spanish that was equally incomprehensible to Sean.

“English, Franci, I don't understand you.”

“I clean your house, I do a good job.” Franci crossed her arms beneath her breasts defensively. “I do not get paid to babysit chica loca!”

"Me, crazy? You set an alarm system you couldn't turn off. I didn't expect to be trapped in a pea souper with a raving nutter I don't know. I just wanted to go home! I had no warning, not my fault I set it off." Annie blasted.

“I'm too old to stay up all night. You wake me, I turn off alarm, it go ‘beep beep’, no tssss.” The shorter, fiery Franci leant into Annie's space hissing pointedly in her direction.

Sean couldn't help but smirked as Annie drew herself up, fists clenched.

“Get out of my face before I knock your block off!” Annie growled between gritted teeth.

Kieta el stupido elephante!” Franci spat.

Sean inserted himself between the women, before physical violence could be inflicted. Curving an arm around his daily, he gently steered her towards the door. “Franci, my love, you're a star you know that. I couldn't manage without you.”

Franci's shoulders relaxed at the soothing tone. “You impose on me." She pouted sullenly, but couldn't stop the small, abashed smile that tilted her lips.

“I do, I do pet, and I'll give you a good bonus for my imposition.” Sean agreed, helping her over the threshold. He could feel angry vibrations coming off Annie's body as she stood behind him. He placed his hand on the doorframe to block her exit, widening his stance so she would have to push past him if she tried to leave too.

Not having any sleep in almost twenty four hours and not expecting any soon, Sean should have been irritable. Standing in the doorway of his home, waving off his cleaner while fog poured out into the street, he was surprised he wasn't livid.

He wasn't.

Stepping backwards, his large frame forcing Annie to retreat into the house, he closed the door.

Sean was surprisingly upbeat, testosterone, adrenalin, natural endorphins from inflicting physical violence on Dickhead Danny, still sang in his veins, it needed an outlet. The last time he'd been required to batter someone, he'd been detained at her majesty's pleasure.

Annie was partially obscured by dissipating vapour, blonde hair tumbled in a snarl around her shoulders, last night’s make up smudged her eyes. Rumpled dress gapped at the bodice, exposing a black lacy bra, she looked thoroughly disreputable. Sean's eyelids drooped as a smile, stretched over his lips.

It so nice when that outlet presented it’s self…

Annie had just learned you could have a row with someone who spoke a completely different language, and still get the gist they were calling you a slag. That, no matter if you had cringing morning afters, there could always be another more embarrassing to top it. It wasn't even as if they'd had sex last night. In a way that made her feel worse, not only had Sean not wanted to sleep with her, but he'd felt it necessary to assign a judgmental bitch to watch over her.