Chapter 2; Return

~•«Two Weeks Later»•~

"Hey, hey Bon.. Look at that hot chick over there, her boobs are hu–" Shima was wrestled into a headlock and cut off by Bon, who was now rubbing Shima's head with his knuckles.

"Yer supposed to be a monk, ya pervert!" Bon growled as Shima struggled, twisting his skinny frame out of Suguro's grip.

Konekomaru just sighed and adjusted his glasses, used to their continuous antics. He lent his attention to more useful things, which in this case was looking around the area. They were outside, sitting at the water fountain, which sparkled with crystal clear holy water. The trio's finished bento boxes sat on Koneko's left, while in front of him, Bon and Shima argued. Well, a more accurate summary would be that Bon was scolding the latter, who was sheepishly rubbing his nape.

As his gaze traveled around, he tuned out Bon and Shima. His eyes caught on a crowd forming, and, focusing his attention there, he could make out frantic shouts and calls for help.

"Bon," Koneko spoke up quietly; when he received no response, he spoke a little louder, more forcefully, "Bon, look over there. What's happening?"

Shima looked thankfully at Konekomaru for rescuing him from Bon's wrath before turning to stare at the crowd along with the others.

"I don't know, how 'bout we check it out?" Bon grunted, and marched over to the scene. Shima and Koneko followed suit.

Bon shouldered his way through the crowd, aiming for the center. When he got there, he stopped dead, causing Shima to crash into him.  Bon didn't even scold the pink haired monk; he was too busy sorting through the jumble of emotions that raged to come forth. His jaw dropped in shock, which was the feeling that had apparently won the fight to surface.

In the middle of a ring of people was the demon Bon thought he had finally gotten rid of for good, laying bloodied on the ground. Rin. He looked bruised and broken, and blood was splattered all over his stained uniform, which he was, surprisingly, still wearing. Since the uniform covered basically everything but his head and neck, you couldn't see how severe or numerous the wounds were. But if the amount of blood was anything to go by, it looked like there was a lot of them.

When Shima finally lost his patience and shoved past Bon to see what was going on, the skunk-haired punk snapped out of his daze and followed the rosette forward. Together, both of them lifted up Rin by the armpits, draping his arms around their shoulders. Koneko, who had only caught a glimpse of an injured boy, set about telling everyone that the situation was under control and that they could all go back to what they were doing.

The glasses wearing monk then turned to take a look at who they were carrying. He paled as utter horror carved itself onto his small face, going stiff.

Bon stared at him with understanding while Shima looked easy. The pink haired perv gestured to a long, thin red bag on the ground, resting on the blood stained concrete where Rin had laid just a moment ago.

"Take that, would you?" He said, like finding the son of Satan beaten half to death in the middle of school grounds was just a normal thing for him.

Koneko, jittering with nerves, pushed through a crowd of persistently annoying onlookers and grabbed Kurikara with a trembling hand. He even held it as far away from himself as he could manage, as if it was going to burn him. Bon sympathetically sighed, before turning–in sync with Shima–and heading down an alley.

The cockscomb sporting exwire struggled to get his keys with the limp form of Rin weighing him down. Once he pulled one out—a shining silver, with a few blue gems embedded into the handle—he shoved it into a rusted door that lived in the alleyway, and yanked the stiff hinges open. He and Shima headed inside, Konekomaru trailing nervously after and shutting the door behind them.

They arrived in a hospital, but it was small, and didn't have many people in it. It was very well kept, the walls a shining white, but the main hallway was flecked with a few blood stains, as if many severely injured people had traveled down it. The lady at the front desk glanced up, and let out a small gasp that hitched in her throat.

"Here, follow me, get him to a room, he looks pretty bad, he needs medical attention as soon as possible..." The desk lady rambled on and on, but the Kyoto trio just huffed and trailed after her.

When they reached the room, it was full of things you wouldn't find in a normal hospital. There were gallons of holy water neatly lined up on a shelf, books on mashou, a demonic dictionary, and a few (decorative?) jars of coal tars.

The demon was gently set on the bed, and the desk lady rushed off to get a professional doctor.

There was an awkward silence. It stretched on. And on. And on... until Shima, forever laid back, carelessly decided to break it.

"Soooo... Shouldn't we call Okumura~Sensei or something? You know, let him know that.. he's back?" Shima said, staring in what he figured was a reasonable manner at the other two exwires.

"Tch, I guess. You do it, Shima." Bon huffed, and it was a wonder that the glare directed at the half demon didn't set the bed containing Rin on fire.

Shima opened his phone, scrolled through it until he found Yukio's contact, and was about to press the call button when he got interrupted by the other member of the room.

"H-He shouldn't be here.. at all! He has to go back, he's dangerous," Konekomaru stuttered angrily, while the others looked slightly surprised by his outburst. "He–we can't have the son of Satan at our school! He's going to hurt.. even kill someone!"

They were interrupted by a groan, and didn't even bother disputing what Koneko has said. It was true, anyways. In the heat of the moment, their heads turned faster than they thought humanely possible, and the Kyoto trio's eyes met with red tinged cerulean ones.

Beta'd by ❤️❤️Ramen_Torchwick ❤️❤️
I was listening to Blue Exorist and Noragami themes the whole time I was writing this xD
Word Count: 1079