Eight: Must be from Victoria Secret

Author's Note: I should probably say sorry first for not updating sooner. It's just that school started here in my country a few months back in june--right about the time when you guys were probably a few weeks away from summer...

...but despite of this, I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for those people who somehow discovered this story and voted for it, added it to their reading list and what not--while I still haven't uploaded this chapter. I guess you kinda made me feel the guilt more that I should update XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People were starting to crowd in the park with bags and bags of various items they probably got on a huge sale; and it hasn't even been noon yet! People seriously take shopping to the next level every Black Friday. I really don't get the point about shopping. It's just wasting money on stuff you either don't need or have a lot of already. Mortals can be so greedy.

I catch up to Jaxon who relaxably jogs along the pavement, while I, in my short, pitiful height, have to quicken my pace to keep up with his long strides. "So... I see you're working for Eros now," he says.

I huff at the sudden mention of my job. I hate working for that guy.

"What made you hate him anyway?" I shoot a pointed look at him and the knowledge that he's back to his old, trespassing self. Trespassing my head that is.

"Have you seen what this guy made me do? Shooting people I mean?"

"Yeah, what is it with you and shooting?" he said with his voice taking on a higher pitch.

"Think of a cherub minus the bows and arrows," I scoff. "It's a common misconception that cherubs are babies by the way."

"...minus bows and arrows meaning... you grew wings?" he asks.

I shrug. "It came with the job."

"Cool, maybe I can see them sometime?"

"Never in a million years."

"Well I 'am immortal, so I have all the time in the world," he teases. "But seriously... I don't get it; what's so wrong about making people fall in love?"

I shudder at the thought. "You know what that got us into. Once." I put emphasis the last word.

Jaxon slows his pace and I take the opportunity to jog ahead of him to him to hide the tears that were threatening to fall. I shake my head and snap myself back into composure, "It just makes people do crazy--and often the most stupid things."

I sense Jaxon snorting behind me, "Ironic; a cupid that hates love."

"I don't hate love, what I'm against is when you think its love and when you do finally realize it isn't..." I run a little faster to fight the tears and "Don't cry, don't cry" became my mantra for the next few seconds. "Next Question."

Jaxon catches up to me, "Okay so... You just shoot people and they're in love?"

"Another misconception; the arrows--the bullets don't work on people who are already in love."

"Would that explain what happened last night? But I thought those kids back there were already in love," I glare at him once more.

"Okay fine. I read in your mind that they're already in love. Of course I didn't understand what that meant at the time, but what I don't get is why you were still planning to shoot them."