Chapter 11

"We need your help, Keahi." I pled, "You may be our only hope.  When the Volturi come, they will come in numbers greater than we can muster."

"If they find out what I can do-" he began to argue.

"I know.  I know it's dangerous and I know I'm asking a lot.  I swear I wouldn't if I had any other choice."

"Sarah..."

"Please." Came Rosalie's soft voice.  In one word, there was more emotion than I had ever seen her show.

But it wasn't enough.

"I'm sorry." He said with a slight shake of the head, "I've been hiding from them too long.  I can't risk them using me for their ways.  Aside from that, what were to happen if I lost control? Even for a moment?  Sarah, I could incinerate the entire town."

"You've grown so much since I met you, Keahi." I spoke, though I knew it was pointless, "I know you can do this."

His eyes studied mine, and then Rosalie's for what seemed like an eternity.

"I'm sorry." He spoke finally, "I cannot."

Rosalie was out of the cave almost immediately after his decision was made, angrily making her way down the rock face. 

I smiled sadly at the man, "I knew it was a long shot." I told him as I turned to follow the blonde, "Thank you for listening."

And then I turned and ran, taking one last glance at my old friend, who stared after us from the mouth of the cave.

Then, only hours later, we were home.

I was met with familiar faces and faces what were brand new. Carlisle informed me that two members of the Egyptian clan were on their way as well, and that Jasper had gone with Edward and Bella to convince Charlie to take a vacation.

Almost immediately, two red-eyed vampires introduced themselves to me with great enthusiasm, though I had already seen them through Jasper's past.

Peter and Charlotte had interesting pasts, and were eager to let me read them.  Both had been raised in Texas, and both saw Jasper as a dear friend.  They loved each other with intensity and gentleness, and I smiled when I saw the moment of their meeting; equally enchanted with each other from both sides.

The wolves had once again decided to side with us in our fight, and even more of the Quilleute tribesmen had phased, including yet another young girl.  Leah had taken 16 year old Clara under her wing, and the she-wolves had become inseparable in the few days they had known each other.

Alice had pranced up to me after my arrival, shadowed by her mate, who seemed slightly uncomfortable with so many new vampires present. 

"I'm sorry about your friend," she said gently, "I'm sure he would have helped, had he been able."

"The Volturi have cast their shadows for two long," I answered quickly, "They cause those who are different to fear their reaching grasp.  We are not weapons for them to conquer with."

"Hear hear." Jonah said quietly, a smirk on his face, "I'd like to meet them.  Take that strength away from them and show them what it is to feel vulnerable."

I raised an eyebrow at that, "Care to elaborate?"

Emmett walked up behind me, placing his heavy hand on my shoulder with a chuckle, "The dude can make a vampire feel human again.  Sucks the strength right out of you like a vacuum.  I still feel a little drained, and it's been like two hours."

Jonah answered with a laugh, nodding to confirm Emmet's statement.

"Impressive," I grinned, "Do you have to touch them to make it work?"

"As of now, yes.  I'm hoping to change that, but I guess we don't have time for that now."  He stated.

"No." I shook my head slightly, "No we don't."

I looked around the camp to see Renesmee hand in hand with a member of a tribal looking coven, who Alice told me was from the Amazon. She said their names were Kachiri, Senna, and Zafrina, and that the latter had the very unusual and interesting gift of thought projection.

Suddenly, the sound of approach was heard throughout the Cullen property, and we all turned in the direction of the sound, fearful that the Volturi had come without Alice detecting their approach.

But Alice grinned at pranced over to the newcomers as they broke through the tree line.

"Huelin, Nahuel! I was pleased when I saw your decision to come and visit! I did not want you to get involved with this though. You've already done so much for our family."

"Alice, what has happened." The woman said gently, "we went to visit our friends in the Amazon, and found them gone. Your scent was with them on the wind, and we decided to make the journey."

Carlisle approached them and Renesmee followed him, her hand brushing mine in passing. Immediately, a memory of her's invaded my mind, and I knew who they were. Nahuel was like my young friend; half human, half vampire and they had helped my family when the Volturi came for her. Renesmee greeted Nahuel with a soft hello, and a thank you.

Carlisle explained what had happened, and told them that he could never ask them to fight with us. It did not matter. Soon, we had two more allies, both as determined as the rest of us were.

Bella, Edward, and Jasper returned close to dusk, about four hours after Rosalie and I.

We embraced, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers tracing the crescent shaped scars that marked it.

"Welcome home." He whispered.

"Thank you, Sir. Such a warm greeting." I teased.

He placed a kiss on the top of my head, "Anything for a lady such as yourself, ma'am."

"I couldn't convince him." I told him with a sigh, "They scare him so much. Almost as much as he scares himself."

"You did what you could," he said soothingly, "that's what matters."

I smiled at him, meeting his eyes as I turned my head up to him, "I love you."

"I love you." He said as he brought his lips to meet my own.