Seed Five: Primal

The cherry fluid drizzled down the hairy muzzle once the final snarl was made.  Each liquid that ran from the carcass intoxicated the veins, until the memory was all that remained.  Again the extensive breaths poured from the dark lips when the eyes hazed once more.

            Echoes from the heart’s firm pulse awoke his head when the nightmare shattered.  The faint gasps left his lips before the sensation of life returned.  “Again,” he bellowed.  “Stay out of my dreams!”

            Never, was the response that chimed within his head.

            The complaints were immeasurable when his youthful creased, after the frenzy overwhelmed his senses.  Yet none were said aloud as the strong hand connected to the bed when he rose.  “Another day is upon us old foe,” he grunted when he stood again.  “And I promise that today will be your last!”

            I’ll remain, ricocheted along the sturdy frame.

            “I’d shut if it I were you,” he sneered.  “Or else the worst will come to the body we share.”

            So says you, the fiend howled in return.  But I wouldn’t allow such a foolish result to disturb my rest.  Try if you want, but I won’t leave.

            “Damn,” he moaned under his heavy breath.  Although this in fact was normalcy to his weary head, the endless debate was frustrating most days.  Sluggishly he bent forward for the jeans before they slid against his bare form, and then the cotton shirt wrapped around his torso while the mark was hidden again.

            “Three months,” he exhaled while the boot was laced.  “Three months of pure and utter hell with this ravenous monster trapped inside of me.  Seriously hope that Anton has some better information for me at the library today.  Because I can feel the full moon drawing near, and there’s no telling the damage it’ll do this time.”

            The reverberation was louder today once he was free from his abode, but the sound lingered in his head when the howls formed.  Swear you’re a vile man, the beast snarled.  A gentle smile extended across his face after the usual compliant was done.

            The delightful hum of the Camaro was like music to his ears before he pressed forward.  Yet despite the pleasant melody the unpleasant memories still formed, while his mind elevated to the unfortunate day again.  Rigid breaths escaped his mouth when the blood sprayed across the silver paint.  “Holy,” he moaned after the body fell.

            The final sputter was made when the Camaro turned off.  Frantically the door flung open when he ran to see the damage.  “Oh my,” he gasped once the body was in his view.  “This is impossible, this can’t be happening, damn!”

            “Help…,” escaped the woman’s lips.  His ears perked at the sound.  Each step made in haste led him closer to the victim, until his mighty arms removed her from the dusty road and placed her underneath the old oak.

            “Stay with me,” he howled.  “Please!”  Gradual lines formed upon the grass as his eyes misted.  “Come on I swear you won’t die, just let me get something to stop the bleeding then I’ll take you to the hospital.”

            “Maledicam te,” escaped her weary mouth.  Once the words leaked from her body, the final breath was made.  Immediate breaths fled his lips when the enchantment took hold as the imprint seared into his left arm.  The cries rained out while the agonizing force continued until he collapsed.