So The Aspiring Musician & The Bad Boy Fell In Love-- Cafeteria Fiasco

Adella's P.O.V

I was finally let out of the nurse's office clutches for lunch. Turns out that I had a concussion when I knocked my head on the floor, and I needed to stay in bed for a while.

Now I know you must be asking--"why haven't my parents picked me up by now?". My parents are on business trips. Mom in Hawaii, and Dad in Italy.

Guess it must be weird to have two total business type squares for parents, who go on seperate trips even though they work for the same company.

But whatever. I didn't need help. I could take care of myself. I walked(carefully) down to the cafeteria. Then I slipped into the line beside my best friend Claire. "Claire-Bear!" I said as she hugged me.

"Hey, Adella. Where have you been all morning?" Claire asked.

I groaned."Stuck in the nurse's office. Turns out I had a concussion." I replied.

"Oh my God! You're so tough. You make it sound like it's nothing." she replied.

"calm down, Claire. It's no big deal." I said.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder as I was reaching for my tray."Hey Adella." a familar voice whispered. I whirled around.

Claire turned to look too. It was Jesse, standing there with a huge smirk on his face.

"whoa, who's this?" Claire asked suggestively, nudging me in the arm. I swatted her back.

"what do you want Jesse?" I asked. "Oh, nothing." he said, as he strolled circles around me. "Just wanted to see you in your natural habitat. and by the way, who's your friend?" he asked, smiling at Claire.

"I'm Claire." he smiled again. "Nice to meet you."

Claire blushed and turned as red as a tomato. I smacked my hand to my head. "so, Claire, what say we, go out tonight?You know, get to know each other better?" Jesse asked. "sure." replied Claire instantly.

"cool. Here's my number." he said, taking out a ballpoint pen and scribbling something on her hand. "thanks." said Claire.

"No, babe. Thank YOU." he replied. Then he shot me an evil grin as he walked past me.

"Claire, I'm telling you this guy is up to no good." I said, as we sat down at our table. "who's no good?'' asked our friends, Matt, Trisha, and Emily.

"Just this stupid--" Claire leaned over and interupted. "Just this HOT guy who asked me out." then she leaned back in her seat to save Jesse's number in her phone.

"Claire, I can't believe you're doing this." I said as she put her phone away.

"c'mon Adella. What's the big deal? He's cute, he asked me out, so I said yes. Unless you like him." her face got mischevious.

"claire, that's not funny. I don't appreciate the joke." I held my head down so my long hair could hide my face.

I could hear Claire rolling her eyes across the table.

what did this mean? I knew that I couldn't be having feelings for this guy. Ridiculous. Preposterous. "adella." someone was poking me. I raised my head to find Jesse standing there.

"Yeah?" I asked. Jesse reached into his pocket. "You forgot this." he handed me the pills I had handed back to him this morning. He tried to hand it to me, but i almost dropped it, so our hands ended up touching. His hand was warm, large, and comfortable.

After what seemed like ten mintues, I cleared my throat. His hand dropped awkwardly, and I found out that the whole cafeteria was staring at us. I put the pills in the pocket of my leather jacket and turned to face the crowd.

"Um excuse me, but I'm trying to have a private conversation here!!" I shouted.

"You sure are!" someone shouted back.

I rolled my eyes. "Besides that point, can everyone please get back to their lunch? Nothing to see here." As i said this, people began to scatter.

"Impressive." Jesse said as I climbed down from the table on which i had been standing. "thanks." I replied. We smiled at each other for a while, until the bell rang. "OH, i gotta go. See you later." he ran out of the cafeteria.

Claire came next to me and handed me my stuff as we watched Jesse leave. "are you sure you don't want to take my place on that date tonight?" she asked. I laughed. "It's cool, Claire. I have absolutely no feelings for him. Go ahead and have fun." I said.

"well, OK. Let's go." Claire said.

"yeah....let's go." I said reluctantly, still watching Jesse's dark head slip down the hall.

As we went to music class, I suddenly gained a new idea. I would put it into action after school.