11. No place for weakness

WOAW, haven't updated in two weeks! sorry guys! i was really busy with school.. I'll try to update sooner! Anyway, chapter 11 !;D thanks for the many reads and votes guys! I appreciate it:) 

To the side you find the song Alphabeats from David Guetta. It kind of suits the fight with Bodolf;D

enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Have you ever had a memory where time seemed to be frozen? That whatever happened at that moment seemed to play off in slow motion. As if words appear in front of your eyes while the meaning became blurred. Scents and sounds were magnified and the world suddenly looked a whole lot bigger: a whole lot more dangerous.

The person across from you was caught up in the same tension, the same sudden moment of change in perspective. The same fears while the unknown suddenly held you in his claws. The same increase in heartbeat, the quickening of breath, the tension of muscles. The clash of fate.

Because really, humans are mere ants in the presence of the gods. I knew that. I met one of them. Life wasn’t long. It wasn’t short either. It was just there. And as the survival instinct gripped me, I knew that I would fight endlessly to live. Every single time.

A fight always started with irritation. This fight, however, started with hate. Pure, undeniable hate.

A moment of anticipation filled the air around me. The wind lay low while it tasted the tension around my body and that of my alpha. The blood red moon shone down upon us from far away, encouraging our fight. Wishing us luck. Or wishing us both dead.

Bodolf growled, the sound reverberating across the plains. The snow holding unto the scent of war and blood and pain and tension and strength. And life.

He pounced, his mighty form floating for a moment in the air. White against the night sky, black against the rays of the moon. A beacon of fury and violence.

I avoided his body only barely and retaliated on my own, slashing at him with my teeth. He evaded me. Just like that, we stood before each other once again. The difference was that there was no slow motion anymore. More like fast forward.

He attacked and I attacked, leaving no room for surrender, for backing down or avoiding. There was no running away. It was now or never. Dead or alive. It was up to the strongest to decide which one would live.

I knew that without a doubt, just one wolf would walk away from here. Just one.

His teeth bit down sharply in my shoulder and I tried to shake him off, but he was heavier than me. The pain sent daggers through my body. I snarled and ripped his ear to pieces. Tasting the coppery taste of blood on my tongue. He still didn’t let go and his teeth bored giant wounds in my shoulder. I hissed and turned my head, then gripped his gruff in my own mouth. I pulled and had to mentally tell myself no to let go, even though he ripped my shoulder to pieces. I pulled even harder, using my enhanced powers of being a werewolf. I felt my skin pull taut and then rip and I finally had him loose. The pain was hell.

I was panting hard, blood dripped from my shoulder and the pain tried to pull me down. To give up the fight that barely started. I resisted that urge and I met the eyes of Bodolf unflinchingly. Then I attacked. With three fast jabs I managed to bite him in his shoulder and paw, but nothing serious. Then I suddenly pounced and hit him with my shoulder. He lost his footing and went down. I jumped down on him, attacking his exposed belly. My teeth easily went through his skin, letting me be able to touch his viscera. His snarled loudly and threw me away from him.  

I hit the ground on my feet, never losing my footing. We faced each other again. Both panting. Both bleeding. Both gripped in the madness of the fight.

I attacked him again, my mouth closing on his nose as he was not fast enough to move away. He shook me off and slashed at me with his teeth, but I was able to move out of the way. I suddenly took a few steps backward and then ran forward. Bodolf, expecting another shoulder bump, prepared himself. But to his surprise, I jumped and flew over him. I turned around and caught his paw in my teeth just as he was turning around. I bit down as hard as I could and I heard the bone break. He yelped and pulled his paw back while he jumped back, his leg held in the air.

Meanwhile, the rest of the pack had gathered around us and were like a silent circle watching until one of us fell. I don’t know what they were planning to do, but I didn’t want to be on the receiving end.

Bodolf tried to attack me again, but miserably failed. It was not hard to throw him on the ground again and break his other leg. It was not hard to see him laying there, unable to get up. At my mercy, finally. Underneath me, finally. I prepared myself to jump him one more time and kill him. To save him from the miserable being he had become at the challenge of my canines. 

That was when, suddenly, the circle of wolves around us surged forward and all but threw themselves on him. The last I saw of him was his desperate look of pain when he realized he was down and would never again get up. Then he was ripped to pieces.

In the wild, there was no place for weakness. That was the lesson I learned that day as I became alpha of a pack of wolves living in the north part of the world. Where most of the time it was night. Where the stars shone brightly in the sky. Where a blood red moon glowed victoriously as it took one of its own back in her arms. Where I had lived as a wolf for more than 4 years, even though I was human. Where I ran towards the horizon and howled at the moon. 

I grinned a wolfish smile, then I raised my head to that same blood red moon and sang of my glory. May I enjoy life to its fullest.

“So now you’re an alpha,” Daciana said silently from beside me. “I never expected it, really. When I found you by that creek in all your half death glory. Unable to speak our language. Look at what you are now.” I smiled softly at that memory. “I won’t stay here forever though, Daciana. I’m meant to do something.” She nodded thoughtfully. “I know dear. I’m already surprised that you stayed so long already.”

A flash of lightning decorated the sky before us. It hit the ground not far from us, and I felt the impact underneath my body. I watched silently as a man appeared from that same lightning flash and walked towards us. I knew that another god had graced us with his presence. His chest was broad, muscles evident. He walked with confidence and unleashed power. He smelled like danger. Pure danger. The sheer presence of him made my hair rise.

He stood before me and spoke, immediately silencing all that made sound.  “Change into the form of a man, wolf child. I will teach you how to kill.”

-----------------------------------------

vote/comment/fan?:)