two

Amberlynn woke up to pain

The young girl groaned as she felt the pain in her lower abdomen, going to move her hands to rest on it, but something jerked them back.

Although her mind was fuzzy, she could make out the rope burning into her skin, a whimper falling from her lips.

She heard a door slam shut and jumped, her head snapping up. "H-hello? Hello?!"

A man walked in, his eyes on the girl. "Shut up, won't ya?"

Tears fell from her cheek when she saw the gun in the mans hand. "W-what are you doing with that? Where am I?"

Suddenly, another pain shot through her, but it was on her cheek. Her head flew to the side, and she figured out she was just slapped. The man slapped her.

"I said shut up!"

She didn't look up until she heard him leave, and when she did, she stared at the ceiling. Tears fell down her cheeks and she hiccuped.

She could practically hear her mothers voice, yelling at her for trying to save someone. Then, her mind drifted to the body she found, and she squeezed her eyes shut.

___

Amberlynn didn't know how long she was there for, but to her, it felt like years.

She was beaten, yelled at, threatened, and all she could do was stay quiet and cry when they disappeared.

She heard commotion outside the door, and expected for the large man to come back, but when the door opened, there was a group of men wearing bullseye proof vests.

Her eyes widened as they walked past her, a slight cry leaving her lips. "P-please don't leave me." She whispered.

One man stopped in front of her and set his gun down, untying her. The relief she had to be let go was soon replaced with terror when gun shots started. She curled into the man and he grabbed her and the gun.

"You're gonna be safe."