one

"Seriously, momma, I'll be fine!"

The young brunette made her way through the streets of downtown New York, her jacket wrapped tightly around her body.

Her mother started going on and on about how 'dangerous and horrible' the Big Apple was, but Amberlynn refused to listen. She had always wanted to live in the city, and the 22 year old finally had a reason.

She was finally out of school, and seeing as her major as an English Literature student was her backup plan, she can finally try and open her bakery.

There was yelling down an alleyway, and the girl stopped. Her mother continued chattering as she peeked down the alley. How did nobody hear that?

A scream erupted from the alleyway, and the girl dropped her phone, rushing towards it. She was always too nice and caring for her own good, something her siblings stated all the time.

She slid into a stop as she saw a woman on the ground, not moving, and a man above her with a gun pointed to the woman's chest. Her eyes widened and she went to back up when she felt a burly chest.

A hand was moved over her mouth and she started struggling in the persons grip, the man with the gun turning to face her. Amberlynn felt tears, her screams muffled.

"Shut her up."

The last thing Amberlynn heard before she passed out was her mother overly loud voice in the phone.

"Kleine? Amberlynn, are you listening?"

amberlynn is German Canadian ps fam. her mother is full blooded German and her father was born in Canada