Chapter 4: Unwanted Guest

Bernard made his way up and out of the stranged cage room. He was trying to make a desision on whether or not to tell Terrance what happened. 

  Atlast he reached the big steel door at the top of the stairs. Slowly, he pushed the handle

  It was locked. Bernard felt his heart speed up again. This can't be! Was he gonna be locked in here? Just then he remembered the window that the other half-breed escaped from. "I can't get out there!" Bernard said aloud to himself.

  Bernard quickly ran back down the steps, he tripped over the last two but didn't care. All he wanted to do was get out of here. As he tried to get up again he lost balance and fell flat. 

  "Ow!" he shut his eyes tight as the pain ran through his chin and chest. When he opened them again he noticed something odd in front of him. It was some sort of circle shaped, clear stone. His dark brown eyes still set firmly on the stone, he sat up and rubbed his chin.

  The guy from the cage must've dropped it, he thought. Reluctantly, he picked the circle stone up, it had about the diameter of his index finger and very shiny.

  "Oi you!"

  Bernard quickly put the stone in his coat pocket and turned to face the tall man with one of the long white coats. He didn't look very happy.

  Bernard started to explane. "Sorry, the door was op-"

  "What are you doing out of the cage?"

  Oh no, Bernard thought. He dosn't really think I'm the half-breed from the cage does he?

  "Come on. It's your turn anyway." The man reached in his pocket and took out a large needle with yellow fluid inside it.

  Bernard gasped and stood up, terrified. "W-wait! You don't understand! I- I was with the class, y'know the one from Nightthrone! I'm not supposed to be here!-"

  "Yeah yeah yeah, hurry up and let's make this easy."

  Bernard tried to run past the man, but he was grabbed by the shoulder and thown down. Bernard gritted his teeth as he hit the floor. The man kneeled down beside him and grabbed his face. Bernard tried desperatly to break free, but the man pushed his face over to the left, leaving his neck bare. The next thing Bernard felt was a sharp pain in his neck, after that, he drifted off.

  The bulb above Bernard was switched on. It was the first thing Bernard saw as he woke from his unatrual slumber. Pain in his head was the first thing he felt, and deep male voices were the first things he heard.

  "Are you sure this is the right one? I'm sure the file said he was a cat!"

  "Trust me! There were no freaky half-breeds in that room cleaning itself and going 'meow meow'! There was just this thing sitting on the floor."

  "Fine fine."

  Bernard attempted to open his eyes multiple times but the light was too bright for him. His headache was getting worse by the minute.

  "He has such a beautiful coat. It's so white."

  "Typical for you to make such a big deal out of a fucking mutant!"

  "What breed of dog do you think he is."

  "Who cares!? Just start the procedure!"

  Bernard tried to sit up, this was when he realised that he was strapped down. What are they going to do to me? He thought. I have to get out of here! I want to get out of here.

  "I'm unbuttoning his jacket." 

  Bernard could feel the man tugging at his coat. 

  "Oh.."