10. What?..

"Guys! There's this cool hangout tonight. We should all go." Luke jumped.

"Count me in." Blake smirked.

Everyone agreed on going and they all looked at me, waiting for me to speak. "Oh, um.. I can't go. I have a lot of studying to do."

"You should make Brad help you!" Brie smirked, winking at Luke.

"Oh! No no no-"

"I can help." He shrugged, hands in his pockets, pouting his lips.

"No, it's okay" I forced a smile, already feeling a churn in my stomach.

"Okay means not okay in your language. So, I'm going to stay with you and help. Alright?" He raises his eyebrows with a serious look on his face.

  I huffed and rolled my eyes. Everyone left. Left me here alone with this guy.

He grabbed the book from my hands, "So, where shall we begin?"

"Ugh why do you even have to be here with me?"

"Why have you suddenly been so irritated by my presence."

"Look, you never liked me in the beginning. Why are you so curious to why I get annoyed by your face whenever I see it."

"That's not what I saw. What I saw back then was different. The way you reacted whenever I pass by you. I know we both had some-"

"Yeah and you ruined it. So, fuck it. I have to end my feelings for you and you already ended yours for me." I looked down, not wanting tears of my anger to drop.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I'm confused. I don't know if we'll last. I don't know if we'd ruin our friendship with the others. I don't know if we'd distract each other. I don't-"

"You don't know if this would last? Let me tell you something Brad. Don't start a relationship if you're just going to end it." I stabbed my pencil on my book.

  He looked at me, something told me that he was intrigued and felt at fault, but of course he had his ego.

"Look, I wanna have fun while I'm still young. Can we just finish up your homework?"

  We started to study, but I couldn't focus. Just thinking about our short conversation made me wonder how stupid I was to entertain a guy this careless and free. It's a shame how boys these days go back to being stupid. I just wish I was-

"Katy kat!" He shouted. "I've been explaining for 10 fucking minutes!" He huffed. "Were you even listening to me?" He asked.

"I'm tired." I looked down.

He sighed, "Fine. Just make sure you know these steps on the graph okay?" He said and lightly squeezed my arm.

I nodded and sighed. I've been stressing too much on this. I don't know if my hard work will lead me anywhere anymore.

"Hey, do you wanna watch a movie?" He asked, realizing how stressed I was.

"No, I don't feel like going out."

"Not a problem. I have a couple here."

He lays next to me on my bed and makes space for his fat self. "Ugh! You're suffocating me with your fatness." I choked.

He glared at me, "Shush. Let's watch the movie." He kinda cuddled me.

I fell asleep 30 minutes in the movie. I woke up wrapped around his arms. I was low key shocked, but I just dug my face between his arms. He laughed it off. "Expected you to be a bitch about this."

"I don't know. I'll admit I feel a lil' lonely." I mumbled under my breath.

"I'm sorry."

  I lifted my head up, "for what?.."

"I've been such a tool."

I looked down on my nails, "I know... but that's past. Doesn't matter now."

  The way he looked at me bothered me. He had this affect that would make me melt. I sat up and fixed my messy bun.

"So," I upped my voice. "Anyone knew?" I smiled.

"Well... I don't know. I'm going to have to meet up with my dad's friends' daughters."

"That sounds so cool!" I said attempting not to come off fake. "When's that?"

"This weekend actually. Wanna join?"

Hmm...