Chapter Six | Decisions, Decisions

There wasn’t much Braydon didn’t like about waking up the following day. During the night, their position had changed and now he was lying on his back with Miranda curled up alongside him. Her leg was draped over his, while her arm had spread out across his chest with her hand up near his shoulder as she clung to him.

Pins and needles had stopped long ago in Braydon’s arm, leaving only numbness in his limb and a deep throbbing pain in his shoulder. It could ache to the point of falling off for all he cared as he looked down to find her head nestled in the curve of his shoulder. Her breathing was light, even a little raspy and from where he mouth parted slightly the angelic image was ruined by the tiny line of saliva forming in the corner of her lips.

As if sensing being watched, she moaned softly; closing her mouth as she nestled in further against him – not actually waking. Miranda's hand released the curve of his functioning shoulder, sliding down across as his ribs as it tucked in against her own chest. The new location of her hand caused her breast to swell from the unbuttoned opening of her shirt, making other parts of Braydons body start to throb only this time not in pain. It was impossible for Braydon to move his eyes away and maybe Miranda knew this as she wiggled slightly, pressing harder against him.

Her hand went back to rest on his stomach, ruining the view he had found so alluring and also the moment as a snorting snore left her. Settling back into place, Miranda didn’t wake up and with great care and caution, Braydon reached over with his free hand to trace the shape of her jaw. This only made her flinch again, and rather move away from his touch her head tilted upwards slightly, content and comfortable in his embrace.

Braydon took the opportunity to study his sleeping beauty a little closer, identifying each freckle and imperfection as she faced him. The cut on her head was healing nicely; the other scratches and bruises slowly disappearing. She had to be the most beautiful girl in the world, and he couldn’t think of a single person he had previously known that would out shine her.

Carefully he looped some of her golden strands through his fingers, frowning slightly as he thought it had been softer that night he found her.  Letting it go, he dared to shift his position unable to ignore the pain any more. Moving his arm, all he really wanted to do was stretch it and instead wiggled his fingers, sending a flurry of pins and needles up through his veins. Slipping lower on the bed, he was now able to rest his head on top of hers and with a content sigh, returned to sleep.

Miranda fought to open her eyelids, hating how they felt much too heavy to complete the task. Her hand felt hot and cramped underneath her and with a yawn, she rolled over onto her back – stretching before rubbing her eyes into an open state. Instead of a scream, she only gasped at the sight of Braydon’s bare chest beside her and looking up, she froze as his mouth was barely millimeters from hers. How did this happen, she wasn’t meant to be cuddling him.

Everything felt too intimate, and slowly she slid her leg off his while praying he didn’t wake up before she could move away. The second her foot reached the cold section of the bed; Miranda hesitated, unable to stop moving back towards Braydon and the warmth his body was providing. It was then she noticed his arm around her back and biting her lip in concentration, slowly lifted his hand from her waist and held his arm up so she could duck underneath it, using it as a divider between their bodies.

He didn’t move, instead lazily scratched at his stomach before rolling over further so now his back was like a wall in front of her. Sighing out of relief Miranda stayed where she was, wondering if she could get up without him stirring, to ingore ignore the idea to simply roll over and go back to sleep. Miranda did not like how comfortable she suddenly found herself around Braydon and so with slow, purposeful movements, she pulled back the blankets and managed to sit up.