Chapter 8

I stood at the door of my house and I was looking down at the dress that my mom gave me. This is fucking terrible. What happened to wearing something normal for once in a while. I don't look good in these colors. 

"You look great honey." My mom cooed walking by me to the kitchen.

"Your lying to yourself and you know it." I mumbled. I tried pulling the dress down a little and Val slapped my hand. I looked up at her and she had a murderous look.

"Touch the dress again and I will kill you myself." I rolled my eyes and I heard a knock at the door. Val smiled at me and slid into the kitchen with my mom. Val was wearing a red and white striped dress that ended up at the tip of her knobby knees. I was wearing a loose fitting tribal patterned dress that was just above my knees.

For the record came out my mom's closet and who knows how long she has had this dress. Why does Val set me up to go to a party. Why?

I turned around and I opened the door and Mason was standing there with another guy. Lain. They were both looking at me and I looked at them both. Mason was wearing a low cut t-shirt and a pair of extremely ripped jeans and a tie that wasn't on correctly and hung don on it's own.

Lain on the other hand was dressed like a normal person with just a t-shirt and jeans on. Of course, Lain would be the one that would stand out in the crowd. He's not much of a person that could adjust to conformity.

"I heard that Val was at your house. Is she still here?" Lain asked. I shrugged my shoulders. Of course she is still here.

"Um...I don't know exactly." I said and I left the doorway to go in the kitchen. Val was standing there shaking her head. My mom had an amused smile on her face as she was sipping tea. She mouthed the words no as the Ozzy Osbourne glasses fell onto her face. I smiled and walked back to the door way.

"No, she left a little while ago. Maybe she might have gotten home by now." I said convincingly. Lain nodded.

"Are you ready to go?" Mason asked and Lain looked at him.

"Yeah," I looked at Lain. "I'm pretty sure that the party started already." I said and I stepped onto the front porch and closed the door quietly. As I walked down the steps and almost made it to the gate and the front door to my house swung open.

"Piper! You forgot your scarf! It's a little chilly out here." She yelled and I turned around in full embarrassment and I knew Lain and Mason were laughing to themselves. I walked up to my mom and grabbed the scarf.

"You are embarrassing me." She smiled and ran back into the house.

"That's what I am here for." I rolled my eyes as I made my way back outside and Val was gone out the kitchen already.

I felt my face heat up and I walked back to Mason who was now standing by his car. Lain was gone. That was fast.

"Sorry about that." I said.

"No problem. I have had my share of those." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes and got into the car. This dress was making me look like a box of bland colors.

"You look nice." Mason complimented. I smiled a little.

"Thanks."

"The tribal colors really catch the 80's look." 

"That's what my mom said." We were headed down the backgrounds and Mason turned on music. We were both singing to our hearts desire until we reached Val's house. How did Mason know where she lived?

"Party time." Mason said. I got out the car and Val's house was already packed with people. People from our school mostly. People that were tag-along. People that probably just came because there was a party next door.