Chapter: 1

The sun was still rising as the birds were singing the dawn chorus. I was glad it was a nice day, but I had this feeling, a feeling just like Gibbs gets, I had a feeling that something was going to happen, I had a feeling something would change, something not bad, but unexpected would happen, I do really hope that it wouldn't ruin this perfect day. I have only met Delilah a few times here and there, but since the explosion McGee had been so awkward around her according to Tony, so I just hope that today goes really well. Delilah seemed like such a nice person, she and McGee seem such a good couple, but I just couldn't help that uneasy feeling go away. Abby also talked so fondly of Delilah, but I can't help but notice a change in her voice, but I think nothing of it.

The sounds of sirens from the outside streets made me move; quickly I packed my bags, making sure there is nothing left behind that could let anyone know I was here. I exited the hotel room, facing away from the security cameras so my face wouldn't be seen. I went down into the reception and left quickly paying for the room. As I walked down the sunny streets of Washington DC I thought about what would have happened if I didn't leave, my life would be as normal as it could be, I wouldn't be sneaking around not trying to get caught. If I ever get caught, well let's just say I won't have long left in this world, I'm not scared of death, I just don't want to leave my loved ones and friends behind, not knowing what I have gotten myself into.

As my walk lead me deeper into the city, the dawn chorus slowly merged into the hectic sounds of DC, the familiar sound of horns, traffic and shouting were getting louder. I walked towards Rock Creek Park, passing Meridian Hill Park on my way there. I passed a little coffee shop on my journey and I looked in, families were eating and drinking together, something I could no longer do, in some ways I was jealous of them having people of blood left, I don't have anyone left, I know Gibbs and everyone always said that we were all family, but since I've left I don't think I'm considered family anymore. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a black SUV pull up on the street corner, the window slowly opened, so I kept walking past the buildings not wanting to catch any unwanted attention, no one knew about my whereabouts, and I would like to keep it that way, I'm not letting anyone or anything get hurt because of the decisions I have made in the last few months.

My backpack was light, it only carried enough for today and tomorrow night, which is when I will leave again and carry on with my quest for Gibbs, I need to do this for him, if I don't then I have failed myself, and I have failed everyone, especially Gibbs, I own him this much at least. I carried on walking through the city; I walked towards Rock Creek Park, letting time pass. I have been here, to Rock Creek Park lots of times on cases, but never for any other reason. To buy the time, I took a stroll, walking down each of the footpaths. Tony once said that he would bring me here after work one time, but he never did, we never had enough time to spare to go with each other with all the cases we were working on. Thinking about Tony made me realize, if I hadn't left to go on my quest we may have taken longer to realize the feelings we had for each other, maybe we would have realized as time passed, or maybe we would have just stayed "close" friends. I don't know what I would have preferred, but the first time I met Tony I knew we would end up together, we clicked straight away, it may have been awkward, but we did click.

The time seemed to fly as I walked through the different trails at Rock Creek Park, I had to get to Meridian Hill Park before 4pm, that's when everyone was arriving for the couple to get married. The uneasy feeling I had still wasn't going away, something in the next few hours was going to change, I really hope it doesn't destroy McGee's future or Delilah's for that matter. I turned around and started walking towards Meridian Hill Park, no one today had followed me, so the gun by my belt was still clean, still ready to use if I needed to, but that would be the last resort, I defiantly don't want Gibbs and the team on my case, I don't want them getting mixed up in all this, not just yet.

The walk to Meridian Hill Park was peaceful, the sun wasn't to bright, the city was at peace for a few moments, nothing was disruptive, everything was normal, as normal as it could be. As I walked into the park, people were smiling and laughing, walking down towards the fountain, where McGee is waiting anxiously in front the fountain with Gibbs and Tony by his right side. I went into the trees behind and stood there, watching everyone below waiting for Delilah to come down the isle with her father. I looked over to McGee, he kept looking at the people gathering, it was like he was looking for someone in particular, he looked all nervous when he couldn't find the person. I looked over at the people who were here, and I couldn't see the one person who I thought would be here.

I couldn't see Abby.

Suddenly the music for the entrance of the bride came on, and Delilah was seen, being pushed in her wheelchair by her father, she has three bridesmaids following her; McGee's sister; Sarah, and Palmer's two adopted children; Elfelda and Krystina.

Delilah's face lit up at the sight of McGee, her smile grew, her dress was a simple white dress with silver flowers embroidered into it, a simple but elegant design. McGee's worried face vanished and a loving smile was plastered on his face when he saw her. Gibbs nudged McGee and he quickly faced away from Delilah and faced the fountain. Gibbs, Tony and everyone else had smiles on their faces, Delilah's mother was crying but she held a smile for her only daughter. When Delilah was next to McGee, the priest said:

"We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Timothy McGee and Delilah Fielding as they exchange vows of their everlasting love, As Timothy and Delilah take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new couple. May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Timothy and Delilah both look forward to each new season of their marriage --- just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories. An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Timothy and Delilah, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly LOVE another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect" he paused "If anyone here has any reasons as to why these two should not be joined in Holy Matrimony, let him speak now or forever hold his peace"

It was silent, except the sound of Delilah's mothers sobbing. McGee looked relieved, and Delilah's smile grew, that was until the priest was about to speak.

"WAIT" someone shouted

The Wedding That Went Wrong For Someजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें