Chapter 9

Oct 21

Was just told i Have one more day in this shit whole and then i can go home. They just want to make sure i dont have a concussion so this is the last night! whoo! but Cookie has to stay for another week at least. I still havent been allowed to go see her. I havent even been allowed out of my bed. Thats a load of bull but the moment im discharged theres no stopping me!

The TV came in about half an hour but I didnt want to watch it but because im in a public room with other people that did want to watch it, i was stuck with it and of course they had to watch the news where the top story this week is the thugs that brutally attacked a young woman and then when help came to the scene, a wild woman came out of nowhere and started attacking them,supposedly wanted to cause further injury to the young woman. I saw that there wasnt anything about Britany, I wonder did she run or was taken away? But the broadcaster said nothing about a third woman and you couldnt see her in the footage.

The people in the room started putting two plus two together and clicked that i was the 'mad woman' on the news. They started getting awkward and shifting away from me but as much as I would have liked to tell them to fuck off, but one of the was an elderly woman with cancer and another was a man with one eye and burns all over his face so I thought better of it.

I turned my back to them and lay down so i was facing the glass panelled door. I hugged my pillow and I tried to close my eyes and sleep but I've slept for about 2 hours this afternoon and i sleep about every 4 hours so I wasnt exactly tired. I looked out through the glass and saw a short doctor looking up towards a tall man and they seemed to be argueing. The man had a bunch of flowers in his hand, so he must have been visiting someone but the doctors were probably not letting him. He was trying to get around the small doctor, but even though he was short, he was determined not to let him through. Jeesh if the guy wants to see someone he cares that much about let him go and give them the flowers at least! I really started to get interested in the fight, a huge male nurse( i guess for the loopers patients,like me) came over and another doctor came to try and help the small doctor.

Then the guy pushed the other doctors out of the way and quickly paced around the ward looking for this person. This is one dedicated guy, I looked at the flowers, white roses with babys breath, my favourite. What a coincedence i thought, but then thats too much of a coincedence...

I sat up and tried to get a look of the guy, but he was turned the other way, then the male nurse and the doctor grabbed an arm each and started dragging him out, the whole time he never let go of the flowers. He was almost completely over powered but then he caught a quick glanse of me, and I of him.everything seemed to go slow, i found myself out of my bed and walking towards the door but I just leaned against the glass, he was frozen for a while but then threw the doctors off and ran to the door. We both stood there, completely oblivious of the mess he made,and the glass that separated us,and the fact the glass was a door,that could be opened.

Then I took a step back,realising that in fact it was a door and I was blocking it, and he opened it. The doctors didnt even try to stop him so all was calm again and everyone ignored us then, except the people in my room, who were completely confused.

He tooke a deep breath and thought of what to say, "They told me I couldn't see you"

I looked at him and remebered why I loved him so much, "Devon.." and fell into his arms,where he gladly embraced me.

                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hugged him tightly, afraid he was going to disapear on me. I felt his hands gently hold my back as if i was a fragile china doll, everything that happened melted away with his touch and I thought to myself why did I try and push him away, then it hit me like a hard blow to the ribs. I stepped back and looked at him with a tear in my eye "No, I cant, you should leave....What I did.." I looked around and saw the other people in the ward staring and i just sat on my bed. Devon saw them aswell and closed the curtains around the bed. He sat next to me and placed the flowers on my lap. I looked at them a smiled "Andrea, please, let me talk for once" he let out a little laugh, which made me laugh.