The Day Dreamer?!

*Seven years ago*

*************************************************

So as you can see this is my new story that I going to be writing on.

I hope you like

vote comment

"Mom, do you think we can go see dad before we go to see grandma and paps?" I asked my mom as I sat on the table.

"Cleo, get off the table." I hopped off of the table. "I don't see why we can't go see him." She said with a smile.

"Do you think he would like to see us?" I asked.

"Baby, I'm sure that he would be full of joy and happiness."

        My dad worked two states away and would come home anytime when he had the chance or a break. Maybe a week or so at a time, oh and then a month for Christmas and my birthday that was five days before Christmas. I guess I should tell you want my dad does. Well he works for a business that moves big things around the world. Kinda of like what China does. You know how they send us all this stuff that say made in China? Well, yeah, that's what my dad does; but its made in the U.S.A..

       My mom is kinda of the same way. But, she does more of the paper work for them. That's how my mom and dad met. She had just started working with him when he still worked in town. But one day, about three weeks after she started work, he was dared to go and flirt with her. But the dare had a bad ending for my mom.

     What my dad was to do was to go over and lead her on, and then, at the end, kill her hopes. I guess what you could say was my dad wasn't the nicest man back then. What ended up happening is my mom looked up at him with her beautiful blue eyes and brown hair falling into her face.

"Here let me get that," my dad said to her as he moved the hair out of her eyes. At the moment in time, he fell in love with her and couldn't lead her on, even if he tried.

       My dad has blond hair and green eyes, so, in the end that is made it to where I have blue eyes and blond hair. My mom and dad are both tell. Mom is 5"6' and my dad is 6"1'. Me, since I'm only ten, I'm 4"11'. The doctor says that when I'm done growing, then I will be 5"8' or so, right in the middle of my mom and dad.

So, I must tell you after they met what happened. They dated for a year and then my dad asked for her hand in marriage. A year later, they had my big brother Matthew and then, two years later, they had me. They also had a little boy after me but he died when he was only a few months old. His name was James Lee MacLondon.

Mattie, what we call Matthew for short, is the odd ball in the family. He is 5'' even and has jet black hair with green eyes. He is 12 years old and plays football. He is in seventh grade as to me. I'm only in fifth grade. Next year, or should I say, in three months, I will be in middle school with him. He is going into eighth grade. A week ago, school got out. And, two days ago, my mom told us that we were going to see my grandparents that live in Tennessee.

I woke up to day thinking that since we are going to see them, that we could stop in and see my dad. First, I talked to Mattie to see what he thought mom would say. Then I ran down stair jumped on the table and asked.

"Cleo? Hello. Are you in there?" I looked to my mom. Oops, I did it again. I really have to learn not to tone out when she was talking to me.

"There you are doing that again. I mean you're just like me," she said.

I started laughing. Over the years, I found out how much I am like my mother. And that is a lot. I do everything she does and not even meaning to. I tune out when people talk to me and get lost in my own thoughts.