Simple Words

I looked out the window on my room. It was about ten at night and I had a feeling that I was being watched. Every time I looked out the window the feeling was gone, but the second I went back to doing whatever I was doing before, I had the feeling again. After what happen at school today, I had Mia come and stay the night. As for what happened after I passed out, Mia and Mr. Belloteen rushed me to the hospital, not knowing what happened to me. I checked out two hours later and came home.

     I knew that Mr. Belloteen was going to start asking questions after what happened today, but at the same time I thought he would be over by now to ask. Mia was asleep on my love sit around nine. I looked to my desk that was now full with over two hundred pieces paper, where as it was completely clean before. Once I got home, Mia and I went to work, looking up things about 'The Death Chaser'. Dad started getting mad because he had to go to the store to get more paper.

I looked back to the window as I got the feeling again. But once again, the feeling was gone when I looked out the window. I looked down at Mia as I pasted her. As I walked down stairs, I came face to face with Mr. Belloteen.

"Miss MacLondon, I, umm, have a few questions to ask you about today," he said.

"I thought you would be here hours ago. So, come, sit down in the living room. Would you like something to drink?" I asked. I knew it was going to be a long night and that I going to need something to keep me up.

"No, I'm fine," he said.

We sat in the living room for an hour before he asked the first question of many.

"So, 'The Day Dreamer', the real one? Right?" I looked at him and could tell that he knew more than I did.

"Yes, but how did you know about this all? I mean, I can tell that you know what you’re talking about when you say my name."

"Yes, well, that’s because you have saved so many people throughout time that you have made your name known. Your mother saved not only your life in the crash, but millions of people before and after she did. You have the same powers as she did. She saved my life as a kid. My father was a drunkard and had the power to beat me. One night I had a dream about seeing your mother helping me get away from it all," he explained. "After, I moved in with my grandmother and lived with her till your mom came one night and told me that she was going to die from old age. I asked if she could save her, but she wasn’t able to.

"As a kid, my grandmother would tell me the stories of 'The Day Dreamer'. Later on, I learned that my grandmother was a Helper. She helped your mother overcome her powers. She trained her, taught her to use her powers."

"Okay and why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Because, after my grandma died, she pasted her gift to me. I have always been a helper, but I didn’t know till she told me and began to teach me. Cleo, I am your teacher; not only your school teacher but your gift teacher. I am and will help you with learning your power and learning not to pass out after it all in the end."

This was not what I was thinking he was coming to talk about.

"So, you’re saying you know about me and know about everything I can do?" I asked.

"Yes."

My head was spinning. I knew I had the gift, but this day just kept getting weirder and weirder. I mean, how come I had a rival when I was just trying to save a few lives? Why did I have a teacher when I basically taught myself that these dreams were real things that were going to happen? What more was there to teach me? These questions and so many more ran through my head as I tried to make sense of it all.

“Why do I need a Helper?” I asked, a question of many running through my heads.

Mr. Belloteen cleared his throat. “Well, you see, you have not reached your full potential with your power. There is more to you that you would never think possible. I am here to make sure you reach your full potential and use it like your mother did, and not like the Death Chaser does.” I watched as he reached into the pocket of his brown coat and pull out a manila envelope. He looked at it before handing it to me.

This letter was addressed to me through my mother’s handwriting. I looked up to Mr. Belloteen. He simply smiled and told me it was from my mother, just as I had suspected.

My dear Cleo,

If you are reading this letter, this means I am dead and no longer here. I am sorry to say that my responsibilities have now fallen onto your shoulders with the powers I have passed onto you. You have known for years now that you have the gift of saving lives, but what you don’t know is that your powers are not to the fullest yet. That is why I’ve asked for Perry Belloteen to guide you into the world of your powers to teach you to learn to obey and master them. This will be no easy quest for you. You will soon face troubles of your own and have the weight of the world on your shoulders. It is in you to save all life and to defeat those who wish for the world to be no more. Also, if you are reading this letter, it is that I cannot contact you through yours or Maddie’s dreams. I hope you come out of your training strong, passionate and powerful enough to defeat your enemies.

With my deepest love,

Mom

I felt a single tear roll down my face. She knew that she would die that night and that her power would be passed onto me, such as an old heirloom would be passed down. It was so unfair.

This is when I turned to Mr. Belloteen and said, “So, your first name is Perry?”

Mr. Belloteen turned red, but with a smile. “Yes, my name is Perry, but you are not allowed to call me that. To you, I am Mr. Belloteen, your teacher and helper.”

I tried not to laugh, but it was almost impossible not to. No, it was impossible not to laugh. I was laughing so hard that I rolled off the couch and hit the floor with a thump. At once, Perry, or Mr. Belloteen, was at my side.

“Are you okay?” It was such a simple question he asked, but as I thought about it, was I okay really the answer? I was just handed a letter from my mother that was written close to seven years ago to find that she knew that she’d no longer be here and that she wouldn’t watch me grow and succeed with the gift she granted me.

I instantly stopped laughing and said, “I don’t know anymore.” I stood at once, facing the stairs and saw that Mia had awoken from her sleep.

“Mia,” I said, questioningly, “is everything alright?” She shook her head no and started to cry. I ran to her and embraced her. “What’s the matter?”

Mia could barely speak and answered between sobs. “A m-man was in y-your r-room.” I looked at her with wide eyes and called for Matt, who was upstairs in his own room. I ran to my room at once.

When I got there, I had just stepped through the door when it slammed shut. “Good evening, Cleo.” The voice was familiar, and I knew instantly who it was. I stood there strongly, but, yet, fear slightly overtook me. I turned slowly to come face to face with the Death Chaser.

“Why are you here?” I asked. “How did you find me?”

“It is easy to find you. I can smell the sweet scent of your blood even when in hell. Therefore, it is easy to find you anywhere.”

“That still didn’t answer my question. Why are you here?”

“I am here because I simply wanted to see the beautiful Daydreamer and to warn you that not everything is as it seems.” And with that last sentence, he bounded for the open balcony doors and leaped off of the railing into the night. I ran to the railing, but he was nowhere to be found.

The rest of the night passed and it was soon morning with no sleep. I walked myself to the shower to prepare for the day. And what a long day it would be.

************************************************************

THIS BOOK IS OFFICIALLY GOING TO BE WRITEN BY KAYLA1912 AND GIVEMESTRENGTH. MOSTLY IDEAS FROM ME AND HER AS AN EDITOR OF SORTS THAT PITCHES IN IDEAS AND REWRITES EACH CHAPTER TILL THERE IS NO MISTAKES. SO PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT AND REMEMBER JUST TO HAVE FUN.