Down in Flames

For the first time in my entire life, I was scared of going to school. I stayed in my dorm at Ravenclaw Tower way more than I should. It was after Easter, the date May 1st.

    Exactly two days until the Battle of Hogwarts would begin. But I didn't know that at the time, because I was probably the stupidest Ravenclaw in Ravenclaw history. I was cold, despite the black cloak and the heavy covers of my bed. I finally got up and reached toward the fireplace and laid down on a couch.

    The flames seemed to dance merrily around the dying logs in the fireplace, it felt almost taunting, yet warm at the same time. Even the black Hogwarts cloak couldn't make me feel warmer. I gingerly stretched out my arm towards the warm flames, craving for warmth. It was better than writhing in my bed for another three hours. The only sound in the room was the flickering of the fire and the ragged sound of my breathing, making the common room sound almost haunted and eerie.

    I didn't think that Hogwarts could be anymore miserable than this. I was dead wrong.

    Then I reminded myself that I wasn't going to get any younger, so I made a Sleeping Draught and fell asleep on the couch by the fire. "Lie," a voice whispered as a hand prodded me. "Charlie."

    I rubbed my eyes from my little siesta and forced myself to blink my eyes. "Look up." The voice commanded.

    "Cho?" I asked when Cho smiled at me. "What-what are you doing here?" I asked as I embraced her.

    "No time to talk. Come on, Padma and Parvati and hosting a meeting right now." Cho whispered. I nodded and got up from the bed, I fell asleep wearing my uniform.

    There were hanging hammocks and bunks beds scattered around the room as the rest of the DA was gathered. Celia and the twins met us later. "I take it my sister is paying us a little visit?" Celia gritted her teeth as Cho was talking with a few Ravenclaws.

    "She was the one who woke me up and brought me here." I yawned. "How was your Easter?"

    Celia shrugged. "Boring. How was Easter with the Malfoy's?"

    I silently flinched when I thought of what happened at Malfoy Manor. "Eventful."

    "Things are pretty awkward after what happened after fifth year, is it?"

    I tightened my grip on my arms. "Yeah."

    "Does he... know that you're here right now?"

    "Pretty much. 'Specially after Cho snitched on us and the Inquisitorial Squad found our location." I muttered the last few words under my breath. Cho giggled with a few other Ravenclaws and whispered like hissing snakes. "I'm surprised she still has the guts to show up here."

    "Guys look, it's Harry!" A member of the DA shouted as the rest of the DA shouted and clapped. Show-off.

    He told us that he needed help finding some small object that might be a horcrux, which Celia explained to me later.

    "Great to see you, Harry! So glad you're here, Harry! Will you marry me, Harry?" I mimicked with a high pitched voice before scoffing.

    "What is it?" Longbottom asked Potter.

    "We don't know." He answered.

    "Where is it?" Longbottom asked.

    "We don't know that either." Potter replied.

    "So you expect us to help you find something you have no idea where it is, let alone what it is?" I asked out loud.

     "I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw," I'm listening, "It'll be... small, easily concealed. Do any of you guys have any ideas?"