Zero.Two.

Our Psych class meets twice a week. Twice a week, I had to lie to Mika and convince her that I didn't know what she was talking about when she talked about her encounter with Aly.

"Ly, hindi mo talaga maalala?" she asked me once again as we went out of the room.

To be honest, we've gotten much closer over the past few weeks because she was relentless in asking about the encounter. But she was also the sweetest and most caring person I've met in my life since... nevermind.

"Ye," I said, calling her by her nickname. "Hindi ako 'yun. Kulit mo."

I wasn't lying. It wasn't me. Not really.

I turned and pinched her on her cheeks which made her pout. Absolutely adorable!

Don't ask.

I also don't know how we got from being friends to how we are now in a matter of weeks.  And maybe it's just me anyway who thinks that there's something more between us.

Maybe it's just me who gets goosebumps when we touch. Maybe it's just me whose heart races when we're together. Maybe it's just me who has to catch my breath when I look at her.

Oh, God, I like her. I know I like her. I won't deny that.

It scares me.

I shouldn't.

She was still pouting when she talked.

"Fine, I believe you. So study date na lang tayo?"

My heart once again skipped a beat.

I like how she referred to it as a date. Granted it's a study date but a date nonetheless.

I agreed wholeheartedly.

No.

Shit. Aly was listening.

I'm taking over tonight. It's been weeks since the last time I had fun.

"Aly, hindi pwede ngayon. Alam mo namang may exams. Buti sana kung ikaw ang nag-aaral, eh," I reasoned with her inside my head as I kept walking beside Mika to her car.

To be honest, Aly doesn't need to tell me anything. She's the dominant one between the two of us. She can block me out while she's in control which she usually does. It's not something I can easily do which is why she can pop in and out of my head anytime she likes.

And if only you'd let me play volleyball, I can get us a scholarship and you wouldn't have to break your back bending over to study.

Make no mistake, Aly really is the dominant one. But Aly and I, we love and respect each other. Aly respect me enough to give me the right to decide what's best for us. She is the alter after all.

Volleyball isn't the best for us.

"You know it's too risky. You could see her-"

And what? Expose us? Like anyone's gonna believe her. She has nothing on us.

"But does that mean she means nothing now as well?"

That shut her up for a moment.

You tell me. I'm not the one developing feelings again. And I'm telling you this as early as now, Ly, stop it. She's trouble.

"Mika is different from her-"

You tell yourself that, Ly. They're all the same. And I'm not adjusting for anyone. Never again.