Pancakes

JAX

"Tomas!" 

I heard Abel giggle as I slowly woke up. My hand rubbed my face and I started to open my eyes. That's when I felt soft breaths on my neck. I glanced down to see Charlie's arm on my chest and her leg around my waist. I grinned to myself and tightened my arm around her waist causing her to shift to where her body was laying on top of mine. I could feel her nuzzle her face into my neck and my smile only became wider.

I wasn't dreaming. She actually came back.
I tried to turn to look at her face but it was hard due to the angle she had her head at. Her head was in the crook of my neck. But it didn't bother me. I could imagine how perfect she looked. My hand slowly ran up across the side of her hip and onto the small of her back. I felt her start to fidget on top of me and her hand ran across my bare chest slowly. 

"Hmm..." I heard come out from her mouth 

"Morning Darlin'" I told her with a smile. 

"Jax?" She asked. Her voice sounded like she was confused. Maybe she thought last night was a dream like I did. My hand found its way to her hair and my fingers slowly started to rub her scalp. I smiled to myself hearing the soft hums that came out of Charlie. She tilted her head towards my hand letting me know which spots she wanted me to scratch.

"You always did give the best head rubs." She whispered into my neck. I used my free hand to pull her closer to me.

"Well hopefully you won't be mad at me anymore." I whispered back at her and she gave me a grumble in response.

"You can be mad at me all you want. I deserve it...I know what I did was fucked up. I shouldn't have made that decision for you, Charlie." I told her. I could feel her nod her head as her answer.

"But selfishly I don't think I'll be able to push you away again. Even if it's for your own good." I said.

"You're going to try to win me over, aren't you?"She asked. I tried to tilt my head to look at her face but soon gave up on that and went back to looking at the white ceiling. 

"I really need you right now, Charlie. I'm heading in a direction that I've never thought I would go in. There's so much blood on my hands... I feel so far away from who I used to be. Part of me doesn't want to go back to who I was but I also know that if I don't try to change who I am now I'll end up dead." I told her truthfully. The club would follow me into hell but Charlie was always the only person that would make sure that I made it back. 

"You could have saved everyone so much pain if you just let me continue to love you, Jax."She said. She sat up just enough for her face to be in view of mine. My hand left her scalp and ran down to her cheek. My eyes scanned her face as I looked over every inch of it. My heart swelled in my chest from looking at her and it tightened just knowing that I was this close to her after all of these years.

"I know."I told her, letting out a sigh with my words.

"I'll never be able to apologize enough to you." I said. She pressed her lips into a line at me while she looked me over. She looked down for a moment and then she looked back at me.

"You really want me back?"She asked. I gave her a slow nod while my thumb stroked her cheek.

"What if I'm not the girl that you need anymore?" I softly grabbed her chin in my hand. My eyes looking right into hers.

"You always have been and always will be the girl that I need." I told her. I could tell that she was looking for the truth in the words that I spoke to her. I could also tell by the way that her water lines started to fill with tears that she knew my words were true.