Chapter 1: First Day Afloat (Finally!)

It was a partially cloudy semi-rainy Wednesday. It was what seemed like an innocent enough day for me, private-eye Buck McSly.

It was my first time back on a ship. I had vowed to myself I wouldn't go back on a ship after The War, yet here I was, waiting for the ship to dock. The War may have been years ago, but it feels like it's only been 2 months, 8 days, and 3 hours. The only reason I was here at the dock is because my psychiatrist Dr.Geisel would be on this ship and said it would be a great opportunity for me, so that I could get over my military experiences with boats.

When the boat pulls into the dock I feel a pinch of regret as I enter. I was promptly greeted by the captain."I don't remember any Mcsly coming on the boat?" the captain asked. I explained I was here from the order of Dr. Geisel. He replied "oh, he said that a patient of his might be boarding the ship! Hand your suitcase to Langston here, he will bring it to your room."

After a quick conversation with the captain, I headed to my room where I unpacked my suit case, in which I found the contents messily thrown inside. at first I thought maybe that Langston boy wanted a quick buck, and as I have always said "if you try to buck-a-buck from The Buck, prepared to be bucked!". Although in closer inspection I noticed nothing was missing except a small book of poems I had brought along with me.

Once I noticed the missing poetry book I didn't report anything to Dr. Giesel, because he would think I was suffering paranoia from The War. I decided that it would be best to meet everybody on the ship before I thought over the situation.

The first person I came across was a kind old lady named Mrs. Dickenson. "Hello Mrs. Dickenson" I greeted her. "Hello there Mr. McSly" she answered. "I've heard all about you, It must be hard being a private eye".

Next I met Kevin a sailor of the ship, and his girl Maple. Maple having a nice gentle personality, Kevin being a harsh arrogant jerk. "I've saved our dear captain on several occasions" he said. In which Maple responded "Stop it" then she whispered "He just likes to exaggerate".

The next people I came across was two inseparable pals named Allen and Dave. Two outgoing buddies who always had something to say. "Hey, I haven't seen you here before!" Said Dave, then I introduced myself. "Oh! Allen told me all about you, he said he was right by the dock when it happened!" He exclaimed. Then Allen answered "It's good to see that you have overcome the trauma from the incident!".

on my way back to my cabin I noticed the cabin boy feeding his dog. I approached him by asking if he enjoyed poetry. The next look he gave me was of complete confusion, but as I walked away I couldn't help but think that just maybe I saw a bit of nervousness. So I had interviewed everyone on the boat, but I had no leads on who it could possibly have been.(There was also Martin Johnson, bit I didn't think he was very important). I knew something was wrong and it was up to me, Buck McSly to find out what.