48.

it was really warm outside and the sun kept shining right into mikey's eyes, but he greatly preferred going blind over being burnt alive by the lasers in his classmates' eyes at the coffee shop.

"you alright, mikeyway?" pete said, leaning into mikey's side and trying not to drip ice cream all over his shirt (they'd managed to catch an ice cream truck earlier and were now seated on a bench conveniently located under a tree).

mikey shrugged and watched his ice cream melt over his hand. "yeah. i guess."

pete gently tilted mikey's head towards him with his ice cream-coated hand so that they were looking at each other and did a little half-smile. "you've got ice cream on your face."

"so do you," mikey said, and he really couldn't help himself from leaning closer and kissing the mint chocolate chip right off of pete's lips - he felt his ice cream drip onto his pants, but that didn't really matter.

but what did matter was pete wentz, because they were kissing on a bench on an almost uncomfortably sunny day, and it was stupid and cheesy yet really damn good, and mikey wouldn't rather be anywhere else right then.

"would you - hey, mikey, i like you a lot. you wanna be my boyfriend?" pete asked all of a sudden, and mikey blinked, only a little surprised at the bluntness of the question. "you don't have to, like, say yes or anything-"

"why wouldn't i? yeah, i'll be your boyfriend if you want me to, you fucking idiot." mikey smiled, nudging pete, and his heart jumped when pete looked at him and smiled back.

yeah, nothing really mattered except for that.

--
sup i'm not dead and i'm bringing u this really short chapter that i wrote instead of doing homework B) anyways see u in the next chapter!!