Chapter 1: Demands And Choices Made

Clementine, Kenny, and Mike walked into their pen in Carver's camp. "Get over there." Growls Troy from behind, obviously angry for catching Clem trying to leave one of the abandoned areas of the camp where she was supposed to meet Luke and give him a walkie talkie. Clementine tucked the walkie talkie deeper into her jacket pocket before walking to the group and Carver with Kenny.

As they get close they see Carver pacing back and forth while the group stands before him, with the exception of Carlos, who's kneeled down in front of an injured Luke. Clementine's eyes widen when she spots Luke. 'They caught him, they fucking caught him!' Clem thinks to herself as she and Kenny stopped near the back of the group, as Mike walked closer up to the front.

"-and how is it that we're repaid for our trust? With treachery.....? With deceit.....? With theft!" Carver says while pacing back and forth. "Did you know about this?" Clementine asks Kenny as the man from Florida looks down at her and simply shakes his head, then looks back up to Carver.

Their eyes widen as Carver holds up the other walkie talkie Clem took. "Whatever you were planning is over....it's done. You can't just run from your problems. You can't just up and leave when it gets tough....'cause there's nowhere else you can go where it ain't." Carver walks closer to the group, passing Luke and Carlos, and back and forth in front of them. "Tough is all we got now. Get that through your fuckin' skulls." He turns and walks past Luke and Carlos again and faces them. "Luke here can't help you now.....you gotta help yourselves.....you gotta help me find the strength to forgive you."

Clementine covers her jacket pockets with her arms to hide the antennae of the walkie talkie. Looking down to make sure, Carver speaks once again. "Now you can start....by telling me where the other one is."

Clementine looks up back at Carver. "I'm gonna count to three. If that radio ain't in my hand by then, we'll have to make things more difficult." Clem's eyes grow wide. 'He's bluffing, he has to be!' She thinks to herself.

"...One." 

'He isn't bluffing.....' Clem's thoughts start racing, what's gonna happen if she doesn't give it up? He'll probably have his goons beat them up for it, or worse.....have them killed.

"Two....

Clem starts panicking on the inside. 'Shit, shit, shit! What do I do?!' She glances up at Kenny, who's watching Carver like a hawk, but she notices him slowly inching himself towards her when Carver's eyes aren't on him. 'He's going for the walkie talkie....' Clem assumes. 'He's gonna take the blame, but if he does that, Carver will kill him....' Clem looks around to the rest of the group, all of their eyes on Caver. 'But if no one says anything.....everyone might die....'

Clem's eyes focus back on Carver as an idea comes to her head. 'I can't let Kenny take the blame, he'll die, but if he doesn't take it, everyone might, Sarah, Nick, Luke, Carlos, Sarita, Mike, that woman in the yellow jacket, what was her name? I think Jane, me, and still Kenny.....hell, possibly Rebecca after the baby is born....all these people. I can't let that happen, I won't let anyone else die, I already failed to save Alvin but it won't happen to anyone else, not to Kenny, not to anyone, except me.' She reaches into her jacket pocket and grabs onto the walkie talkie. 'Lee, Kenny, Mom, Dad, everyone, forgive me.' She pulls the radio out of her pocket and holds in the air so everyone can see it and yells.

"I got it right here."