Chapter 6: Oh No! Not Again!

As the rats below were planning their strategy of attack, the appliances were fast asleep up above.

Phil was mumbling something in his sleep when Loumine stuck her head in the room.

"No," Phil muttered. "I told you my name isn't Peter... I don't even look like the human in that picture..."

Noticing everyone still fast asleep and the basement dark as could be, Loumine figured it was nowhere close for the others to start waking up.

"Hmm... I thought it was morning." Loumine said. "This is what happens when you're stuck in a storm cellar for a week..."

There was the sound of someone waking up, then whimpering in the darkness.

"M... Mama..."

Loumine looked towards the shelves and spotted Blenny crying for Ellie. He tended to cry in the middle of the night until he woke her up. Blenny was very scared of the dark, so Wattson would keep his light on until he fell back to sleep. Except Wattson stayed in the guest room now and Blenny was too frightened by the dark to go get him.

"Mama!" he cried.

Loumine hopped near Blenny quietly. She didn't like to scare youngsters and waved her plug from a distance.

"Hi Blenny." Loumine whispered.

Blenny stared curiously at Loumine. He wasn't scared of her, but recognized Loumine's voice from earlier.

Loumine moved a tiny bit closer to Blenny, trying not to upset him.

"Aww. You're a cutie!" Loumine giggled. "What's the matter? Are you scared of the dark?"

"Mama..." Blenny sobbed as tears ran down his yellow face. "I want my mama..."

Loumine turned on her light a tiny bit, illuminating the area with a pink glow, and Blenny hugged her as she wiped his tears.

Poppi and Sketch hopped into the room, but forgot it was after midnight. Phil went to sleep at that time and turned out his light, so Sketch accidentally collided into Poppi.

"Ow!" they both squeaked. The two of them fell backwards on the floor.

Phil immediately woke up, turned on his light, and started looking around the basement for an intruder half asleep.

"Why now..." Phil yawned. "Who invades a basement at three in the morning?" He spotted Poppi and Sketch toppled over. Sketch was upside down on his back with his stubby 'legs' in the air. "Heh... It's only you two." Phil smirked and looked at Blenny and a smiling Loumine. "Oh. Heheh... Wattson looks like a girl." He laughed. "What a weird-"

Phil's eyes nearly popped out of his lampshade in alarm. He stared at Loumine and trembled petrified, even though she just smiled happily in return.

"Hello!" Loumine sounded similar to Phil's way of greeting others. "Sorry to wake you up at this time, Phil. Blenny was crying. He's okay now."

"Oh..." Phil relaxed a little. "That's very- Hey wait! How do you know who I am?!" he yelled terrified.

The other appliances started waking up and noticed a new appliance on the floor. She didn't look like a threat Phil would turn his light on for. He normally just startled cockroaches for fun at this time, but there wasn't one in sight. Phil always found it very entertaining the way they fled when he turned on his light, sometimes waking the others from laughing too hard. He became bored very easy...

Loumine laughed and a few Sparklings picked her up. They floated near Phil on the ceiling who thought he was still dreaming.

"Haha! I didn't mean to scare you. I wanted to say hello earlier, but I was dealing with some stuff." she said. "I'm the red light that's been helping you guys. I apologize for being a burden."

Ellie walked out of her room barely awake. Her hair was all messed up. She wasn't very amused about being disturbed so early.

"Do you have any idea what time it is, Phil?" she grumbled.

Phil laughed like he usually did when he was nervous.

"Heheheh... I'm not a clock, but somewhat after three?" He grinned sheepishly, then glared at Loumine. "Are you happy now?!" he whispered irritated.

"Mama! Heehee! Mama! Mama!"

Blenny happily bounced over to Ellie and hopped at her feet.

"Well, Blenny sure is!" Loumine laughed as Blenny hugged Ellie.

Loumine hovered next to Ellie and smiled at her. She was falling asleep while standing up.

"Oh! How awkward!" Loumine shook her head. She zapped Ellie with her plug, waking her up and fixing her hair. "Hiya Ellie! Nice to see I turned you and Didi back to normal successfully. Hopefully you can forgive me for weirding you two out the other day."

"What?!" everyone else exclaimed.

"She's telling the truth..."

Wattson moved weakly out of the washroom. He didn't look good at all.

"That's Loumine..." he wheezed. "She's harmless..."

Potter hopped next to Wattson as he sunk to the floor.

"Wattson? What's wrong? You look terrible!" Potter supported his buddy up with his fork. "Did you plug yourself into another blue outlet?"

As the others were rushing over to Wattson, Loumine had a concerned look on her face. She landed on the floor and flew over to Wattson before the others.

"W-wh-what blue outlet?" she stuttered. "Was it giving off a weird glow?"

Wattson didn't exactly answer, he just blushed and smiled instead. Loumine narrowed her eyes.

"C'mon!" she demanded desperately. "Out with it already!"

Before he could reply, Wattson coughed, emitted blue sparks, and fell on the floor unconscious. Again.

Loumine started shaking as if she was very angry at someone.

"Curse you, you tyrannical imbecile!" she thought to herself as her Sparklings carried Wattson to the guest room. "Ellie and Potter, may I speak with you for a moment in private?"

Both Ellie and Potter followed Loumine to the guest room and shut the door.

Meanwhile, there was the sound of many tiny footsteps crawling up from the washroom...