Deadly Kisses

"A name, gasped in the night. The one last word of a dying man , but one word that tells a tale a thousands stories of a woman who left her mark on every man she met."  - Kinda Outta Luck

Oh, cruel Fate...

But how perfectly useless it is to run away from it. 

________________________________________________________

I got a text back from Mia almost instantly after I texted her saying I was back in Melwood. She said she couldn't wait to see me and that she was throwing a beach party tomorrow for the occasion, as well as them finishing their junior year of high school. How typical of her to act like we haven't stopped being best friends, when really, we stopped talking about a month after I left.

I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on the bed. I felt sick looking around my old bedroom, it just reminded me of my old naiveness and innocene. I wasn't in the mood to pretend I was the average high school junior who loved partying and missed her 'friends' so much. I'd do that later. It was night time and I was definitely something else by night. That only meant one thing - I needed to kiss someone.

 The sun was sinking deeper and deeper into the dazzling ocean as I glanced outside the window. The view was so ethereal, but each wave that kissed the shore reminded me of what happened before I left this place.

I kept on staring at it, impatiently waiting for it to vacuum the sun into the depths of the dark water. I wanted darkness, and, as usual, it wasn’t long before I got what I wanted.  

Quietly, I clicked my heels outside the gate, taking the path to the town square. Not much people would have been there - Melwood usually died with the sun. In fact, the square was completely empty, so I had to look for people elsewhere. It was unusually breezy as a stinging coldness bounced off my cheeks. I was dying to take revenge on the place that ruined me. The place that took Him away from me and forced me to leave. The place that made me become a... monster.

The moonlight illuminated the whole town, causing my lips to form a little smile of satisfaction.

Who would be the chosen one to be my first intentional victim, at home? Who would take the wrong turn walking home? I had lost count of the amount of lives I had taken while I was in San Francisco. I wandered around, searching for the one. I stalked the dark alleys, like a fox hunting for prey, until I came face to face with that 'chosen one'.

‘’Arianna Rosemont?’’ A guy I knew stopped in the alley. He swiped his dark hair off his face to take a better look at me.

‘’None other than,’’ I smirked, my hazel eyes sparkling down to the bottle of booze which Robert held in his hand. ‘’I came back for you.’’ Through my lashes, I watched his smile blossom into a pleased grin. I started working my magic and knew that my allure intoxicated Robert.

‘’What? But you barely used to say hey to me. And what about…you know…him. Have you gotten over everything? I’m sorry I shouldn’t have brought that up. Forget it. You really do look beautiful Arianna, I-,’’  I restrained myself from rolling my eyes. The obsession guys had over me was genuinely tiring. Stupid seduction switch. 

‘’Shh,’’ I placed my hand on his cheek, gently stroking it. ‘’It’s okay.’’ I looked up to meet his eyes. He was already under my spell, he depended on me. I smiled, then slowly closed my eyes and placed my lips upon his. Impulses of pleasure ran through each and every single vein in my body, I was now controlled by it. The taste of the sweetness of his life, his soul, enticed me.