He's more than Hot

Edrick’s going to school today! Last night, I couldn’t sleep at all! I’m still thinking about what happened last night. I can’t believe I got his number!

Will he call me? Or text me? I wish he would do something.(:

“Nikki!” There she came, Debby, the betrayer. I was so not in the mood to talk to her.

Remember Stephanie? She’s in this class, too.

The teacher’s coming, but she wasn’t alone. She’s with….Edrick?!

When he walked in, to me, it seemed as if he was walking in slow motion. Oh, my God. This is definitely my lucky day! I’m never going to close my eyes….ever!

Edrick walked to the front of the class and introduced himself. “Hello, everyone. My name is Edrick Miller.” Please say you’re my neighbor, please say you’re my neighbor, please say you’re my neighbor. “I’m Nikki’s neighbor,” he smiled at me.

Oh, God. He said it. He really said it!

Now, I’m willing to die. My life is officially perfect.

The last class of the day: Gym. And it’s basketball time. Ugh, I can’t play basketball! My entire gym class headed to the basketball court.

“Okay, girls, you can sit or chat or do whatever you want. Boys, you’ll play first.”

OMG, Edrick looked so hot in his gym shirt, which by the way, was pretty ugly. I sat down, a spot perfect for looking at Edrick.

“You, you, you, and you, there. You, you, you, and you, new kid, here,” Coach said, forming two teams. “You guys will be Team Shirts, while you guys will be Team Shirtless,” he decided. Looks like Edrick is on the less attractive team—wait. Did he say shirtless? To Edrick’s team?

“What?!” Edrick said in disbelief, obviously loathing the team markers.

“You heard me, new kid. You’re not deaf, are you?”

He couldn’t go against the Coach, so he did what he was told. As he took off his shirt, LMFAO’s Sexy And I Know It started playing in my head. When his shirt was completely off his body, I could see his muscular chest. It reminded when he was in a towel when I first saw him—

Wait. I promised I would forget that!

He had a body that no one else in his team possessed. He smiled at me, waving his hand.

All the girls snapped a picture of him. Dear God.

“He’s got a body, that one does,” Coach commented.

The game started, and all the girls were cheering Edrick on. Man, I got competition.

Fifteen minutes into the game and, out of nowhere, the orange ball flew towards me, and attacked my face. Not only did my glasses break, but my nose started bleeding. I can’t see anything!

The blurriness added to the dizziness made me faint. The last thing I remember before blacking out was being lifted and carried.

“Ugh, where am I?” I couldn’t see anything; everything was so blurry. At least I knew I was on a bed.

“At the sick baby,” a voice beside me answered. It looked like Mr. Malone, but it could have been anyone, really. He hugged me, and I automatically slapped him.

“What are you doing, Mr. Malone?” I half-yelled, then dashed out the door.

“Hey, Nikki. What’s going on? Why are you running? You should stop, you know.”