11

The second we got out of the limo we were surrounded by people trying to talk to the Avengers. But since no one knew who me and Peter were we were able to sneak through everyone and get inside the building. The building was huge. There was a dance floor, tables full of food, a bar and much more.

Now I've been to the Christmas gala before but this was the biggest it has ever been. I grabbed Peter's hand and looked at him. He was in complete awe. I giggled at his face then pulled him along.

"This place is huge!" Peter said.

I grinned, "Really? I didn't notice."

He rolled his eyes making me laugh.

"So, what should we do?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "Wanna dance?"

"Uh, sure."

He took my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor. He put his hands on my waist and I put mine on his shoulders. He smiled at me as we swayed back and forth.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?"

I could feel my face burning up. I looked at the ground, "I'm pretty sure you have."

"Well, you look absolutely stunning."

I looked back up at him and smiled. "And you look pretty great yourself."

He smiled back. His dark eyes were sparkling. He looked so handsome in tux. He spun me around then pulled me close to him. I smiled at him. His eyes flickered down to my lips then back to my eyes. We started leaning closer together. Our faces were inches apart. But right when our lips were about to meet something came in between us.

It was Cassie. She was standing between us. "Can I dance with Peter?" she asked.

I started laughing, then Scott came up to us. "Cassie! Oh thank god, I found you!"

"Daddy, can I dance with Peter?"

He nodded, "Yeah, if that's okay with him."

She looked up at Peter, "Yeah, that's cool."

Cassie jumped up and down excitedly. Her and Peter went off while Cassie stood on Peter's toes.

"Sorry she interrupted your guys' date." Scott said.

"Oh, it's okay." I told him. I really wasn't mad that she came in between us. Honestly I was mostly in shock that I had just about kissed Peter.

"Well, would you like to dance?" he asked me.

"Sure," I said grinning.

We danced for a little bit every once in a while we would see Peter and Cassie. Cassie would always be grinning and laughing. After a song or two someone came behind me and tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see my dad grinning at me.

"Scott, may I steal my daughter from you?" he asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

My dad took me into his arms then off we went. "So, how's the date been with Parker?" He asked right away.

"It's been good, we danced together for a while then Cassie asked if she could dance with Peter."

He nodded, "So, have you two kissed yet?"

"What?! No! We haven't!"

He grinned at me then spun me around. "Why do you want to know if we've kissed?" I asked.