Touched.

Chapter 14

Skyler sat in the middle of the musty basement, rocking back and forth. She bit her bottom lips, trying to prevent herself of crying. She looked all around, taking deep breaths. She closed her eyes tightly and and mumbled a prayer to herself.

In the middle of her prayer, a noise up by the stairs startled her. Already worked up, her heart started beating faster. It felt as if her heart was moving up from her chest to her throat.

The door slowly creaked open. Skyler got up quickly from the center of the floor and hid in the dark corner. She hoped it was Kayla, she hasn’t seen her since Skyler left to do her “job”.

She crossed her fingers and closed her eyes tightly, praying it was Kayla and nobody else.

“Skyler? Skyler are you down here?”

She opened one eyes and looked to see who had came down here.

It was Jonah.

After what happened last time, she wasn’t going to come out and possibly get touched like that by him again. So, she stayed in her corner and covered her mouth.

“You know what…” he mumbled as he reached into his pocket. Frightened, Skyler screamed, causing Jonah to fall down on the ground, holding his chest. Coming out of the corner Skyler ran over to Jonah and began stomping and kicking him.

“SKYLER STOP!” He whisper yelled, trying to push her foot away.

“TOUCH ME AND I’LL DO MORE THAN THIS” She screamed.

“SKYLER SHHHH! PLEASE STOP MAKING NOISE, YOU’LL GET US BOTH IN TROUBLE” He managed to to say. Skyler squinted her eyes at Jonah, she didn’t know if she should believe him or not.

“I’m not supposed to be down here” he replied, getting up and dusting off of his clothes. “The what do you want?” Skyler asked in her raspy voice. “I wanted to know what happened to you last night” Jonah said, looking Skyler up and down.

Skyler looked completely different. Her old straight hair and turned back into a afro,due to the lack of flat ironing, her bright smile and turned into a depressed frown. She formed dark, ugly bags under her eyes. Basically she lost her old “Perfect Skyler” look.

“Why do you care?” she asked with attitude.

“Because..I..I just do”

“Oh yeah, such a perfect reason” Skyler replied, folding her arms.

“Look, I’m just really curious. I wanted to know if you were okay or not. I was worried about you last night” he said in a serious tone. Skyler looked up at Jonah and sighed. "Do you really want to know?"she asked in a low tone.

Skyler already knew the answer.

The night before...

"PLEASE! I DON'T WANNA GO!"Skyler screamed, tears falling down her face as she sat in the back of the truck. "Just shut the fuck up"snapped James as he continued to drive the car. Skyler closed her eyes and attempted to calm herself down.

Suddenly, the car made an abrupt stop, causing Skyler to shoot her eyes open. “What happened?” she asked in a worried tone. “We’re here” James smirked, looking back at Skyler. Skyler gulped and sat back.

She was snatched out the car by James and Devon. They gripped her arms tightly and walked her up to an abandoned looking apartment. “Where am I?” she quietly asked.