Chapter 6:The Catch

At first I panicked, I looked at Gage who was screaming something, bringing me back to reality. I tossed Gage the knife, he immediatly started slashing. I started shooting. I grabbed an arrow off my shoulder and shot it, taking down one of the persuers. I kept doing this. I knocked down about five in all, but more kept coming. Gage was helping he killed about three with his knife. I could tell his arm wasn't helping him. Atleast he was trying. That's all he could do.

 The last thing I wanted to do was run towards the villlaige which would endanger my family. So I didn't run towards where my my mom and Rose were, I ran the way we came, towards my old house. But I was to weak, not strong enough to outrun them, neither was Gage. If we would've seen them coming a little sooner, we'd have a better lead. And maybe a chance of getting away.

   Soon, we were being cuffed and put into a waggon. I was dizzy from all the motion, I wasn't quite used to it yet. They put something against my mouth, my vision blurred, I took a deep breath. Then I blacked out.

 I awoke in a cell in a narrow hallway. I didn't see anyone else. Until I turned my head slightly and saw Gage slumped unconcious on the floor. My instincts told me to run to him. Before I knew it I was standing up trying to reach him, thinking he was my last chance at life. I felt wobbly, then I fell slumped on the floor. Turns out Gage wasn't unconcious, just asleep. He opened his eyes and saw me slumped on the floor.

"Avalon!" He screamed. He crawled towards me and lifted me into his arms, "Avalon, can you here me? Avalon?!"

"Oh, hi Gage. Isn't it a little early?" I was clearly woozy, almost drunk. I'd probably say some usuper weird things. He laughed. I was almost immediatly over come by the urge to sob. My mom and sister might be dead. Along with the kind man who let us into his house.

"It's OK," I guess had already begun to sob. I felt the stream of tears coming down my face. He put me in his lap and started rocking me muttering things like "It's going to be okay".  I was asleep before I knew it.

 I woke up feeling less dizzy, but with a throbbing headache. I moaned as I sat up. But Gage forced me to lay down and rest. My head was on his chest. He looked down at me.

"Feeling better?"

"Yes." I felt a little awkard laying with Gage. Apperently he didn't mind. I started to relax. Until I remembered where we were, "Have they sent anyone for us?"

"What? Oh, no. Do you know why they put us in here?"

"No, do you."

"Yes. Apperently we were on Governemnt grounds. We are being held here until they settle our case."

"Do you think they'll do something to my mother and sister?"

"No, they have no reason to. They don't even know where they are." I felt the tears in my eyes. I was trying so hard to resist the urge to cry. I couldn't do it. I burried my head in Gage's chest. He patted my back comfortingly. I finally relaxed. I was breathing heavy. I looked up at Gage, considered my position, and went ahead and assumed I liked him. He leaned down and gave me a small kiss on the forehead. I blushed. We just kind of looked into each other eyes for a while. His gorgeous brown eyes. Sparkling-

 "Here's your food." The guard dropped a tray of, what must have been, day old mash potatoes and chicken. It looked non-appetizing. But him coming brought me out of my daze. I sat bolt-upright feeling a little awkard. I layed back down realizing I wasn't hungry. Apperently neither was Gage because he didn't ubject when I layed back down. Soon, we both were asleep. I slept soundly. I woke up and my stomach was growling. I took a glance at Gage who seemed to be staring at me.