Chapter 7

For you to trust me, 'cause I know you don't yet.

Leah's P.O.V

My heart stopped. "I-I trust you, why w-wouldn't I?" He smiled sympathetically and sat up. "I know you don't. Something happened in your life, and I want to know."

My palms are sweaty and my mouth is dry. "I don't really want to talk about it..." I mutter, staring at the floor. He grabbed both my hands. "Please? For me?" Well, when he puts it like that...

"Fine." I slide back and turn towards him, legs crossed. "About a year and a bit ago, me and my brother were driving home, and we were hit..." One tears escapes and I can feel a flood of them attack my eyes.

"My brother died that night, and I was the one to live. I wanted it to be both of us dead, or both of us alive, but it didn't turn out like that."

Tears were streaming down my cheeks and my chest tightened. "Oh God..." Jerome muttered. He looked at me. "Come here."

I crawled over into his open arms. He wrapped his arms around me and my eyes started to close. "Everything will be better, I promise."

That was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

Jerome's P.O.V

She fell asleep in my arms after telling me about her dead brother. Her dead brother. This girl was emotionally depressed and it was killing me to see that.

But, I still felt such and attraction to her, and the crying and the emotional wreck didn't bother me at all. I didn't care. I will make her trust me. Hopefully she is willing to cooperate.

But I stop thinking about it and close my eyes, thinking of Leah and the next adventure map I was going to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG I AM SO SORRY! I DIDN'T UPDATE IN LIKE 3 MONTHS BECAUSE I WAS SO BUSY WITH OTHER STUFF, BUT I'M BACK FOR A WHILE PROBABLY, AND I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE. THANKS FOR STICKING WITH THE BOOK, I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH

-Leah xx